Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
darknaco

My ultimaker 2 came defective :(

I opened the box glad to see nothing was broken....plugged it in >> it turned on! Its Alive!!!

The nossle came plugged with the blue plastic they build the "sample" with. So i did the 21 step start up set up. So to fix the nossle i switch to Abs mode so get rid of the left over pla on the nossle. While doing so....the printer suddently shut off.....and the power supply's led went from straight blue to a weak flashing like every second it would do a sound....i fliped the ultimaker and i noticed it was making the same sound at the same time!! I do not want to open or hack or tinker or use an alternative power supply....so do you guys experienced this issue before?? How can i fix this. I already submited a ticket. Still wating for an answer. I really hope i dont have to send this back....because im in canada and it would take extremely long to fix this machine. In the mean time i cant buy another 3d printer because im stack with this one that i spent so much money and time. Just to open the box and watch it die in 10minutes......Maby i got sent the wrong power supply.....but why is the ultimaker doing sounds too.....

Sumary=

Power supply turns from full blue to flashing blue after conected to printer.

Printer does sound at the same time than the power supply. the sound its like a one second delay and it sounds like a dead electronic.

Please help! I really want to get my FIRST PRINT GOING.

This might sound a bit obvious but have you checked the cable connection at the power supply? Quite often the mains power cable comes unstuck there. Make sure you jam it in there nice and tight.

Also, don't switch to ABS temperatures to clear out PLA. That might bake the PLA into the nozzle instead.