Print bed moves down once print is started...

bryanzd

Posted · Print bed moves down once print is started...

Alright, all other problems encountered so far have been solved thanks to this forum, hopefully this will be the last one.

When a print is initiated, the print bed moves down about 10cm and the machine prints into open air.

All movements are silky smooth, extruder is working, print head is dispensing, heated parts work great, but what could be wrong with the z axis?

That sounds more like an issue with the g-code you use than with the printer itself. What slicer software do you use? If Cura, have you selected the correct printer model?

Strange... I assume you also have no plugins in Cura activated that could cause such a behavior. Have you had a look at the g-code itself yet? A 10cm Z axis movement should stick out there I assume...

I'll check it out though, what should I be looking for?

The Z axis move should show up in the g code as a line starting with G0 or G1 and then Znnn where nnn should be a value like 100 in your case as this is the distance in mm of the move. So something like G0 Z100 would indikate that the slicer for some reason inserts the move. If you do not find something like that, then it should be a problem in the firmware or hardware somewhere. If you find it, then it is a software or parameters issue I would think.