View new posts since last visit

nallath

Posted · View new posts since last visit

I used this function on the old forum a lot, so I could quickly see if there was content that was applicable to me. Is there any such function on the current forum?

• Like 18

From the main community page: https://ultimaker.com/en/community Look at the right side, there's a dropdown there, select "Latest" in that one.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way to skip to the newest post in a thread (since I last read it). Also, I want to filter out other language sections.

(also, just noticed that it's BBCode instead of the "fancy" post reply box on the old forums. I like that a lot because the old reply box frustrated the hell out of me sometimes with trying to be smarter than me)

Hey @IRobertI, if the topic consists of multiple pages you can click on the highest page number. You still have to scroll down a bit, but it's a start :) .

I've made a note of the language filter to look into for future development!

Deleting posts isnt possible :(

Posted (edited) · View new posts since last visit

If you want to delete a post you can ask a moderator through private message. I've deleted your empty post!

Edited by Guest

If you want to delete a post you can ask a moderator through private message. I've delete your empty post!

Its a bit silly that you would need to ask a moderator to remove a post. Is such a feature planned in the future?

If you want to delete a post you can ask a moderator through private message. I've delete your empty post!

Its a bit silly that you would need to ask a moderator to remove a post. Is such a feature planned in the future?

For now we've decided to not have users delete their own posts.

Hey @IRobertI, if the topic consists of multiple pages you can click on the highest page number. You still have to scroll down a bit, but it's a start :).

I've made a note of the language filter to look into for future development!

Yeah, but the thing about that is that we have some fairly large threads on here that see a lot of "action". I can't say I remember if I was on page 34 or 37 the last time I read the thread. So I'll have to go hunting for where I was the last time. Which is a pain.

Good to hear filtering is added to the list, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will find that useful.

(btw, the mod button that I mentioned in the google docs document still gives a 403 for me)

I see that threads are tagged "New" even after I've read them which is a bit confusing. What criteria is the "New" tag based on? It should be based on when you last read the post.

Kind of in the same area, I'm a bit confused on the "Replied by" list. What's the sort order on that? It doesn't seem to be in the order of replies or anything? Or maybe I'm just stupid heh.

I see that threads are tagged "New" even after I've read them which is a bit confusing. What criteria is the "New" tag based on? It should be based on when you last read the post.

Kind of in the same area, I'm a bit confused on the "Replied by" list. What's the sort order on that? It doesn't seem to be in the order of replies or anything? Or maybe I'm just stupid heh.

The new tag shows up when there's new content inside that topic. Indeed, something we can improve!

The replied by list sorts on last activity. So when I check this page your user icon was first, then mine second. If I post this reply my icon will be the first one.

Well, my icon isn't at the top spot! We'll look into it. Anyway, it should be based on last active users in that topic.

It should be last post IMHO, not just activity. The reason it's getting to me a bit is because that was one of my visual cues for new content on the old forum. If I was the last to reply to a thread, my name/icon would be visible and my brain subconsciously just skipped over it.

Btw, you guys will probably get a fair amount of bitching and moaning from me over the next few days depending on if I can bite my tongue hard enough or not. Just remember, I only do it because I care ;)

Just saw a notification that I had been quoted by myself and the link for it led here:

https://ultimaker.com/en/ultimakercom-feedback/view/11725-view-new-posts-since-last-visit?page=2#reply-104454

Just saw a notification that I had been quoted by myself and the link for it led here:

https://ultimaker.com/en/ultimakercom-feedback/view/11725-view-new-posts-since-last-visit?page=2#reply-104454

Could you screenshot the notification you received?

And are you sure that was the URL? Because that URL leads to my reply.

It should be last post IMHO, not just activity. The reason it's getting to me a bit is because that was one of my visual cues for new content on the old forum. If I was the last to reply to a thread, my name/icon would be visible and my brain subconsciously just skipped over it.

Btw, you guys will probably get a fair amount of bitching and moaning from me over the next few days depending on if I can bite my tongue hard enough or not. Just remember, I only do it because I care ;)

Indeed, I meant last post. So for example user X replied, then user Y and then user Z, the list should read: '3 replies by: Z Y X' correct?

Please let us know any feedback you might have! :D It's best to ensure we improve in the future.

That's a bug! You get a notification because I quoted you, so it should mention my username and not yours.

Yay, bugs! :)

Btw, this is what it looked like just before I entered the thread with the posters list.latest_post.thumb.JPG.a5d14fb57c8bf683d8619331b5c64ea2.JPG

To me, that looks like I had the last post when in fact you had the last one.

edit: Oh, and look at the re-scaling on the previous image I posted. That's a bit messed up, it scaled it up for no reason.

latest_post.thumb.JPG.a5d14fb57c8bf683d8619331b5c64ea2.JPG

Edited by Guest

Non related but I'll dump it here regardless. You have a pagination error on the "latest" listing. This thread is shown as having two pages when in fact it has three (when reading the actual thread it is correct). Also, I'm guessing it'll fix itself once I post this message. Right now this thread is at three pages with a single reply on the third page.

edit: Yup, with two posts on page three the pagination works properly.

Edited by Guest

Yep, it's clear to me how the 'Replied by' should work :)

The upscaling images is a known bug. Images are shown full width, but we're working on a thumbnail solution.

We'll look into the pagination issue. I've noticed it as well, I saw a thread with an empty last page.

Not really constructive but I have the feeling I just lost everything I liked on the ultimaker forum. It's an extreme pain to find out where new things are posted. we used to be able to see the entire overview for all forums in 1 page, now we have to click through a ton of pages to find anything. Sure, sleek looks but so far I see nothing that I like. Just my 0.02

• Like 3

Hi @blizz, sorry to hear you feel that way. If you could summarize whatever you're missing that would be great.

Would this be of help to you to find new replies and topics?

You can also go inside a category and use the 'latest' filter to only show what's latest in that category. See this link.

There's also a 'get notified' button, which notifies you of new topics inside a sub category. See this sub category for example.

I hope this helps in any way, and if you have more feedback please let me know.