View new posts since last visit

nallath

Posted (edited) · View new posts since last visit
if possible, could yolu do a spam cleanup?

for instance, company news is filled up with spam...

Aren't you interested in streaming Danny Collins (720p Video Quality)?

Just kidding :Psomething must've gone wrong with the migration. We will make sure it's fixed soon!

Update: should be fixed by now @korneel. If you find some more spam, please use the flag option so that a moderator can look at it.

Edited by Guest
Update

Posted (edited) · View new posts since last visit

My main issue with all of this is that you don't seem to have looked at how active (or not) people want to be on the forum. 99% of the time I just like to visit the main forum page (usually once or twice a day) and see if there was new activity. A single pageview that gives me all information and fuels my decision whether I'm interested in clicking into forums or not.

This thing has been designed with an "information overload" in mind it seems. I really don't care about a feed of all lasts posts, I care even less about having to subscribe to every topic that I deem interesting so that I get a notification and I definitely don't want to click into every forum.

Of all the forums there are about 6 or 7 that really interest me and you're now forcing everything down my throat.

Sure, I get that you want to build a community and do social stuff, everyone does these days. All of this makes me feel like I'm being forced to do more on the site than just see if there is something I wish to respond to.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 4

Posted · View new posts since last visit

@TheDeugd, a list of the latest active posts is something entirely different from a list of active posts since my last visit. You want us all to remember what replies we have already read? That's not what we have computers for.

We need links to the first new comments since we last visited a thread for each thread, and preferably a "mark all threads read" functionality.

• Like 4

Same opinion here. Please give us a single page with unread posts and a button "mark all as read" to remove posts, im not interested in. Each link should jump exactly to the first unread post of each thread.

In the old mobile version, these were the features i used 99% of the time.

• Like 1

please, please, please

do something with "unread posts"

"Latest" doesn't filter away everything I read already

Rather than filter other languages, in the old forum I could go to a category like "The Art of Printing" and follow that because that is something I'm particularly interested in. Then I would get an email for every new topic in that category.

I've clicked "follow" in several categories but I'm not sure if that does anything yet. I get notifications of all topics I'm following but it seems like maybe I'm not getting the ones for new topics in a followed category.

Also I *never* get emails unfortunately. Just listings under the notification menu at the top (the red circle).

New since last visit is pretty high up on our list for upcoming improvements.

@gr5, you should be able to follow a category, and receive notifications when a new thread is posted. Keep an eye out if this is the case and if not please let me know!

thank you!

I receive notifications at the top bar - next to the bell - there's a red circle with a number. But I don't get any emails. I thought it would be nice to be able to have some setting where I can get an email on every notification. Of course some people won't like that so it should be an option.

I receive notifications at the top bar - next to the bell - there's a red circle with a number.  But I don't get any emails.  I thought it would be nice to be able to have some setting where I can get an email on every notification.  Of course some people won't like that so it should be an option.

It might be breathtaking if there are even three options: notify instantaneously, once per day and once per week... :O

Its a bit silly that you would need to ask a moderator to remove a post. Is such a feature planned in the future?

To be fair, I'm a moderator on another forum (a phpBB one), and users deleting or gutting their own posts is an occasional problem there. User comes along, posts a question, gets a reply, and then they delete their Q post as if it was not community property, leaving just the orphaned replies. Very annoying! However, the normal way to handle this would be to enable edits and deletes only after the user has established a reputation.

Its a bit silly that you would need to ask a moderator to remove a post. Is such a feature planned in the future?

To be fair, I'm a moderator on another forum (a phpBB one), and users deleting or gutting their own posts is an occasional problem there. User comes along, posts a question, gets a reply, and then they delete their Q post as if it was not community property, leaving just the orphaned replies. Very annoying!  However, the normal way to handle this would be to enable edits and deletes only after the user has established a reputation.

That is one option. You could also prevent deleting posts once they have been posted for a certain time. But currently I am able to remove the content of the post, which is basicly the same as deleting the post.