general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

It could be that it's being triggered by posts that haven't yet been approved by the mods. I reported an issue about threads being bumped because of the same thing so hopefully it's being looked at.

I didn't see any posts from fresh users in that particular thread but it could also have been spam that we've removed (that you never see because fresh users need to be approved before being seen).

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

I'm receiving notifications of new replies where there are none

same here ... think atm about 8 out of 10 false notifications....

Edited by Guest

I just noticed something weird. While checking a img on 'full screen' (clicking on it to zoom it) if I resize the window sometimes it changes the photo showed. I'm on El Capitan beta 15A263e using Safari.

Also opened my old Firefox 33.0.2 and also happens. But only with the photos that are posted on the same page of the forum. So if there are 3 photos on the same forum, it can change from the 1 to the 3 to the 2, etc (resizing the window).

Maybe this was already posted...when you cut and past a link, sometimes the forum software doesn't use the entire link...it will highlight a section of it but not the entire link. I wind up having to type 'LINK' and they adding the hyperlink to that to work.

Why do I have to mark the "display image as a thumbnail"?  (when I don't I can't upload).

And the warning message is in Dutch ...

Also seems the resolution of this screen is off, it's all fuzzy...

vinkjeUploadImage_.thumb.jpg.647d73c70721596984f645b1bb86d598.jpg

I would also like to see all the ions in the reply box again ....

iconsCrap.jpg.7f5ba4849c5f46757490531d3f2f67a1.jpg

vinkjeUploadImage_.thumb.jpg.647d73c70721596984f645b1bb86d598.jpg

iconsCrap.jpg.7f5ba4849c5f46757490531d3f2f67a1.jpg

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

And I had the option to delete individual notifications, and now this option is gone again .... don't you think it's better to mess around in the test system ???

And I had the option to delete individual notifications, and now this option is gone again .... don't you think it's better to mess around in the test system ???

The function is there (for me), you just have to hover the mouse over the area to the right on a notification and the "x" will appear

Has the typing on mobiles been reported yet? It drives me nuts. You have to type sooooo slooow or all the text gets messed up. I think its the predictive text that confuses the forum text box.

You mean in your notification screen? What about after @jonnybischof's suggestion, still gone?

The fact that an upload can be displayed as fuzzy is a bug and we are working on it.

I'll double check with my colleague about the rest.

The function is there (for me), you just have to hover the mouse over the area to the right on a notification and the "x" will appear

Very strange... seems to work my laptop and not on my pc, and both are Win7+Chome .... I'll check again tonight ...

In the next forum release, will there be a section where we can see our recently viewed posts?

So if we have viewed a post recently and want to quickly find it again its easy to find?

• Like 1

We'll add that to the list of suggestions, but it won't be in the upcoming launch.

When the last launch is live, we will still have a list of suggestions and we will continue with improving the forum. But probably in a different pace.

Maybe we can make like a selection of what doable suggestions are and together decide on the priority in like a poll or something?

Don't you think that read/unread in combination with last active posts will kinda cover that same need?

Depends how you implement the read/unread feature. If its just an indicator, some could be weeks or months old, then you would have to many to go through.

If you don't make a post then last active posts doesn't help.

Its not important, I would have used it a few times so was just asking.

I can't believe how much the answers we get about simple stuff like 'beta it's beta, so just say it so before download it', it's always answerd on a perfect manner with very tasty correct ways, but on the end the answer it's no. This it's related to

"https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/17259-cura-150603-strange-very-high-feedrate-motions-generated?page=1&sort=#reply-117338"

I didn't say nobody is responsible, but decisions are made together.

Those are 2 different things.

Don't want to hijack the thread, please continue with Cura 15.06.03.

A new release will come shortly.

After all that discussion, 'A new release will come shortly' it's the answer? If you are a Political sure, but a human answer like 'we will think on that' or 'we don't like that idea after talking about that with the team', 'we will keep posting the the new cura versions as they are, users should know it's beta because it's posted on the forums, even so we will never add the word "beta", "unstable" or "work-in-progress" and we will keep pointing this versions to the new buyers so they get really surprised, angry and in the end they join the forums where other users will them them to use the most stable previous versions"

And I post this on the 'general forum feedback' because that's the kind of feedback we use to get for most of the stuff.

I really hope that the 'Ultimaker team' has a roadmap that ultimate justifies all this changes, short commings on info, forum update with less 'forum-wise' functions. I know everyone wan't to make their facebook, but Ultimaker forum it's a tool, not a point-winning-like-game-level-up stuff. It's for users to learn about their machine, share experiences and talk about it. Chat slash, less talk. No stickers, etc etc. Ok you will add this, in the future, it did already existed on the past, so no really user functions. Ok Cura get's new, fantastic idea, new pluging system, trully a way to make it better, but publishing it as 'the new cura', not the 'new Beta cura' and hidding the word anywhere on the download, info, page, for months. Also not the way I would do this stuff. Also I never seen a good product killing himself the way this it's done.

Going back to go foward could work in the end, but not many will follow you without knowing what's the purpose behind all this. If you make a beta, it's a beta, plain and clear. If you make a beta forum, it's a beta and you don't kill the working version until EVERY feature it's working on the new version. On cura the tale it's the same. Will Ultimaker 3 be the same?

• Like 5

I can't believe how much the answers we get about simple stuff like 'beta it's beta, {....}

"https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/17259-cura-150603-strange-very-high-feedrate-motions-generated?page=1&sort=#reply-117338"

I didn't say nobody is responsible, but decisions are made together.

Those are 2 different things.

Don't want to hijack the thread, please continue with Cura 15.06.03.

A new release will come shortly.

After all that discussion, 'A new release will come shortly' it's the answer? {....} what's the purpose behind all this. If you make a beta, it's a beta, plain and clear. If you make a beta forum, it's a beta and you don't kill the working version until EVERY feature it's working on the new version. On cura the tale it's the same. Will Ultimaker 3 be the same?

Thanks for moving this thread to there, I helped hickjack that thread (sorry) and was debating on starting a new thread in CURA to ask (once again) a straight forward question in the hopes of getting a straight forward answer. So far I'm very disappointed in the lack of communication. So in the void of answers to basic questions we are left to theorize on what is going on and why at UM. I don't want to play a guessing game of why everything has gone down hill so fast at UM, I want you to tell us.

@SandervG here's just one question from the many that have been ask, it's very narrow in scope and should not be hard to answer.

With regards to the latest CURA misrepresentation and resulting hit on UM brand's reputation which has been going on for two months and counting... Why is UM not correcting the fact that they are deliberately and knowingly sabotaging their own brand by ignoring the issue and refusing to make very simple changes (as listed in the hijacked post listed above)?!??

thanks and please know I love UM and am asking from a place of great concern and feeling of worry that the ship is not being steered away from the cliff. SOS...SOS.....

• Like 3

I agree with you.

If you are a regular in the forum, you can find answers. But my concern is for the person new to Ultimaker, having purchased a printer and seeing very incomplete software featured as the current release. Plus the many points you made in that thread.

Thank you for continuing this thread here so we can keep focus on the other thread.

My reply is mostly about Cura, I think the forum is already discussed in length (and I think we are making good progress).

The reason why you may occasionally get replies like 'we'll think about ..' or 'soon..' is because it is very easy and fast for users to follow up on each other asking questions, but it is not always as easy to make choices or change things.

The saying, 'easier said than done' exists for a reason ;)

Nonetheless, I think through all times we maintain our open attitude and listen to our community, you guys. And we try to follow through as much as we can.

About Cura, it is an award winning slicer which has proven to be very reliable etc.

But, as it evolved to be named; 'Cura Legacy' was nearing a dead end, future-wise.

We had big plans but most of them could not be implemented the way it was build. For that reason it needed to be rebuild, hence The New Cura.

A foundation was build and launched which is ready for the future, but as we al learned to know, it did not have all the features we were used to. Yet.

We just launched an Open Beta which will contribute in the development of The New Cura.

You strike a fair point on creating a better distinguishment between the 2 versions; Cura Legacy or The New Cura. Monday we will talk about this internally on what the best course would be, most likely altering the 'Which Cura version is right for you' text, with the goal to create a better expectation management. Like, adding 'work in progress' for example, or what we consider appropriate.

Thank you!

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

And please, consider adding details in the software list and adding comments to them....i.e. which one to use to upgrade the Firmware in the UMO, etc.

I used to work for a software developer for 5 years and was responsible for the technical documentation and testing. So when I see you guys struggle, part of me wants to reach out and help :)

And please, consider adding details in the software list and adding comments to them....i.e. which one to use to upgrade the Firmware in the UMO, etc.  

I used to work for a software developer for 5 years and was responsible for the technical documentation and testing.  So when I see you guys struggle, part of me wants to reach out and help  :)

Please do! That's what we love most :)

Send me a DM with what you think you can help with and lets see what we can make happen

So when I see you guys struggle, part of me wants to reach out and help  :)

It -is- an open source project ;) We welcome anyone that's willing to help.

• Like 1

I've sent a message, happy to help any way i can!

@nallath, @lepaul just send me a message.

I'll forward it to you too.