general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

Thanks, I will forward this to our team. What kind of device and operating system are you using?

Windows 7 + Chrome 52.0.2743.116

I will check if I see the same behavior on my Mac tonight. But right now the "Modification & Hacks" subforum is again reporting 37 unread topics on the main forum page. But when I enter the forum I see only 2 threads that are updated. And when I clicked on those two topics the main page reports 35 unread topics. Again, clicking on "Mark as read" in the subforum clears that count, for now.

Thank you for your elaboration!

Same behavior at home on my Mac (OS X 10.11.4 and Safari 9.1). I just logged in and I have 40 unread topic in this subform, but only 3 were actually unread.

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread currently goes to page 50 for me.

Edit: Win10+Firefox and Android 4.3+Firefox

I got the same today (win 7 + chrome), the unread notification took me to page 50. Yet I posted last night and that post is on page 51.

Thanks guys for notifying us about the latest message. It is with our developers now and they are working on it. I expect the fix shouldn't take that long.

In the mean time I wanted to update you on some other updates we have been doing on the community.

- As you may have read we have launched an education platform for all of the teachers in our community. It is a platform with tailored help for teachers and educators based upon many conversations we have had in the field. We've added two new badges, the Pioneer badge and the Educator badge. The Pioneer badge is awarded by an admin when you've joined the Pioneer Program. The Educator badge is awarded automatically when you've filled in some extra information in your profile.

- New Educator info in community profiles: when you select 'Teaching' as a skill you can add more info about you as an educator. When you've filled in all optional fields you receive the Educator badge.

- Direct messages. Depending on how many you have received (I have received many!) the loading time of a message could be quite long.. this has been significantly improved! Plus, there is the option to hide a conversation if you want to organize your inbox a little bit. When you penpal did not hide his conversation and sends you a new message it automatically re-opens. You can now also load the last 10 messages, or all messages (before you only had the option to load all messages)

- Writing 'R&D' in the community now works, it used to convert into a smiley.

- The best voted ideas list in the community dashboard now only dates back to the past 30 days. Before really old ideas stayed there.

- You may have seen some duplicate replies on our dashboard, this has been fixed too.

And there is more to follow in the next update :)

Last night, I went to the Ultimaker.com site, clicked on Sign-Up (since for some reason, it will not remember my login credentials). I got a pale blue screen...never got the 'Log in/Sign Up' pop up to load. (Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, 64 bit, latest version of Chrome). I was too tired to debug it (I do that stuff all day as a software support analyst)...but did run CCleaner to clean up temp files, etc. I didn't try again....but will tonight. I thought I would mention it.

No problem with the login here at work on Chrome and Firefox.

Had that one time too, if you are not logged in it is quite difficult to login sometimes.

Also, this post 1 UM tab, 1 notification, top of the page.

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

Thanks guys for notifying us about the latest message. It is with our developers now and they are working on it. I expect the fix shouldn't take that long.

Ah - interesting. It's not that it wasn't mentioned before... ;)

by @nilrog

by me

nasty thing, such a forum - it remembers... :p

Edited by Guest

Weird, clicking on last reply for this post sent me to the top

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/11734-general-forum-feedback?page=51 no link to the actual last post.

It might related to the number of pages of this post?

Edited by Guest

Hi Guys,

Some more good news before we all head of into the weekend. (well.. here down at CEST we are anyway ;))

- The mark as read bug should be fixed.

- Embedded print card (there is a bug fixed, copy updated, embed code is now formatted correctly)

- New emojis! (standard iOS emojis). Not the most revolutionary change, but it has been mentioned a couple of times :)

The unread message referral is still under investigation. We've looked at it, but it is difficult to replicate. If someone experiences it again, could you right click the notification, copy the link address and share it with me? We will continue in the meantime, but this information would probably help.

Thank you!

If you're looking for obscure forum bugs, i think my point counter might be stuck .. or issit?

- The mark as read bug should be fixed.

Might be too early to say for sure, but this morning the "Modifications and Hacks" subforum reported correct amount of unread posts.

I will check tonight from my other computer and see if it "sticks" :)

The unread message referral is still under investigation. We've looked at it, but it is difficult to replicate. If someone experiences it again, could you right click the notification, copy the link address and share it with me? We will continue in the meantime, but this information would probably help.

This notification just took me to the top of the page in that thread, and the last entry is not separated from the old posts with the "new posts" separator. So unless you look at the timestamp of the post you won't, easily, recognize what you have not read.

https://ultimaker.com/forwardnotification/168478

This notification just took me to the top of the page in that thread, and the last entry is not separated from the old posts with the "new posts" separator. So unless you look at the timestamp of the post you won't, easily, recognize what you have not read.

My notification said there were 4 unread and took me to the top of page 50, when I got to page 51 there was no line separating read from un-read.

https://ultimaker.com/forwardnotification/37370

My notification said there were 4 unread and took me to the top of page 50, when I got to page 51 there was no line separating read from un-read.

https://ultimaker.com/forwardnotification/37370

Got a notification for one unread post but the other details are the very same as for @peetersm

3 notifications, opened 3 tabs, 1 and 3 went to the right post, 2 didn't(this topic)

I clicked on the notification for this thread and opened it in a new tab. But when I went back to the main page (and yes, I reloaded it) this thread was still flagged as having unread posts.

Did the same to a few other threads and they were, correctly, marked as read after reloading the main page.

Maybe there is something wrong with this thread.. might due to the amount of pages? Because the unread mark but also the forwarded notification seems to work less here than on other threads..

The dev's are still on it, haven't heard anything yesterday.. I'll ask for an update.

Could be, but there are other threads too with the same behavior. I will try to remember to check which threads I see this in. Maybe it's related to the amount of posts?

Could be, but there are other threads too with the same behavior. I will try to remember to check which threads I see this in. Maybe it's related to the amount of posts?

yea maybe. And thanks! :)

Still dealing with the annoying blue pop up to log in on a mobile device (iPhone 6 and Firefox). No means to scroll and close it or log in. I clicked on a email notification to quickly read the latest post. Here's what I get after a few moments. Very annoying!

image.thumb.png.e938bde4c2793d0c157fc08bd355e63d.png

image.thumb.png.e938bde4c2793d0c157fc08bd355e63d.png

Hi @Lepaul, the blue screen pops up when a new user visits the forum after like 30 seconds.

It shouldn't when you are logged in, or have been logged in because a cookie should be stored and prevent this screen to pop up.

Could it be that your phone doesn't log you in, or stores cookies?

I agree it is annoying, at the very least it should be mobile friendly so you can click it away! I have written your feedback down, thanks :)

Thanks for adding it to the To Do list

Yes, I can log in. But for convenience (I was on the elliptical at the gym)...it would be nice if that pop up would allow you to close it. :)

Yes it should! And no problem :) .. Being on the elliptical at the gym and on the forums? Talk about multi-tasking :p .. or does it mean you should work out harder? ;)

Edited by Guest

Well you have to stay in shape!

About that unread-button-does-not-lead-to-unread-post issue: The funny thing is, that on that german topic "Dual extruder einstellen" I'm led to top of page 16 on my laptop and to top of page 11 on my mobile; using Firefox on both of them.