general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

Hi @Titus, funny that you bring that up.

These points and levels have been implemented a while ago with the new forum but the concept wasn't really ever brought to the next level. I have been working on it for a little while last few weeks, where levels and points are actually connected to achievements, perks.. and maybe even goodies? :O

The levels themselves will also be renamed. I agree they can be confusing.

A few things I have yet to get a confirmation on, but some things I can already share if you want. If you are ok with it, I will do it next week when I am back in the office again and I have all the documentation at hand ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, this one is really annoying.

If I click the Reply on a particular post and compose a response, when I hit "Post Reply", it does not post. Instead I get a pop up from Google Chrome asking if I want to "Leave" or "Stay".

Anyone else see this issue? Or is my browser being nutty?

Select all, copy. (save it in paste buffer just in case) then click "leave". I think you have two replies going at the same time - and it's concerned about the other? I dont' know - I haven't seen this on a simple "post reply" action.

iPhone 6 iOS 10.0.2

I don't get wysiwyg icons while posting from phone. So I can't attach imgs. I got this since the web design change Part II but supposed this would be fixed by now.

Also when making a new post also I don't have wysiwyg and the text box is two lines long and breaks the screen limit and I can't scroll to check text. (I will post a img from pc later)

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

@Sandervg, about bold formatting: if i edit post with bad formatting, text become normal state. Another strange thing: if someone quote me on forum, in notifications i see two reminds about it. Looks like users posts publicate twice.

Thanks! We know about the bold part, which becomes normal after an edit (where you might not even edit anything). We also learned that, for example, this was happening on my computer, but Matthijs didn't see it. Until he logged in as me. So that was strange, we are looking into this.

About the two notifications, were there actually two posts?

Edited by Guest

in any @korneel's post or comment.

in any @korneel's post or comment.

it's kinda intermittent though..

Hi @SandervG, since 2.3 release I have been having lots of problems with the Notification area and IE 11. It was fine with 2.3 beta but the same problem carries over to 2.3.1 which I installed last week.

It is random but very frequent. Selecting a notification to read is fine but trying to delete a notification is almost impossible. In 8 times out of 10 (?) that I move the cursor to the delete icon, IE 11 collapses and issues a message box

[media=23899][/media]

As there is no control anymore over windows update under W10 it can be assumed that I have pretty much the latest version of W10 and IE 11 on the laptop

Hi Yellowshark, thank you for your feedback.

Just by moving it to the X, not even pressing it?

I will forward it immediately and see if there is something we can do about it!

@SandervG did anybody already report the arrow at the right bottom of the page (to move to the top) does not work anymore?

Not in Chome on windows7, also not in chome on android.

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

@SandervG did anybody already report the arrow at the right bottom of the page  (to move to the top) does not work anymore?

YES,

These keys also do not work properly (Red circled)

5a3323c29489e_ProglemPltern2.thumb.JPG.34dd382c29de492bdece727282968fef.JPG

I would be on this site

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/languages/deutsch

After the confirmation, I am here

https://ultimaker.com/en/community?topics=1&page=2

Is since the new forum so!

5a3323c29489e_ProglemPltern2.thumb.JPG.34dd382c29de492bdece727282968fef.JPG

Edited by Guest

@SandervG did anybody already report the arrow at the right bottom of the page  (to move to the top) does not work anymore?

No they did not, good call!

Hi @zerspaner_gerd, I'm sorry but your point is not really clear to me. Your links go to two different pages. One seems to be the german overview, and the other one just the latest activity. Could you explain what is not working for you?

I checked some random pagination navigation, but that seemed to work just fine.

Your links go to two different pages. One seems to be the german overview, and the other one just the latest activity. Could you explain what is not working for you?

That's the problem. You can not scroll into any topic anymore, then suddenly you are in a superior theme with all.

On Chrome on windows10 and in Chrome on android.

I hope it is understandable

No they did not, good call!

same for me with Win7 and Firefox, plus there is a support button also displayed there too which is confusing

That's the problem. You can not scroll into any topic anymore, then suddenly you are in a superior theme with all.

On Chrome on windows10 and in Chrome on android.

I hope it is understandable

You're right. @SandervG If you are (for example) on this overview page:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/languages/deutsch?topics=1

the page numbers on the bottom of the page are linked to this:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community?topics=1&page=4

Instead it should look like this (IMHO):

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/languages/deutsch?topics=1&page=4

• Like 1

Yes @SandervG, just moving the cursor without a click causes the problem. I think I will add that sometimes it just decides to die without being near the X. I will try and see if it is just the cursor moving rather than the position of the cursor.

Thanks! I forwarded it again.

Ah @tinkergnome and @zerspaner_gerd, I get it now. Super weird! Thanks!

The text box on my iPad with chrome doesn't have the tool bar for things like smileys and adding pictures or URL etc.

more and more pages don't end up at the right spot. Especially the long reads..

Also doesn't work in safari, you also need a magnifying glass to read the text as the text in the text box is so tiny.

Maybe I am completely overlooking it, but I miss a Search function. In my view it would be very convenient to be able to do a global search across all forums.

Maybe I am completely overlooking it, but I miss a Search function. In my view it would be very convenient to be able to do a global search across all forums.

There is a search (top right) but it doesn't work all that well so your better of just using google.....

• Like 1