general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

Well not *every* posting.  Just the categories I'm interested in.  It's all configurable in your settings.  And if you get overwhelmed with new topics it's easy to "remove all notifications" and just look at the new notifications as they come in.

Sigh, maybe that is working for you...for me it would be a disaster...and result in exactly what I mentioned above...and something I have never had to do in any other forum to keep track of what's new that I have not yet found interesting...just logging in should be, and was, good enough to keep track of what you had looked at.

It makes me sad that, for the past months, the majority of posts I have written here has been to highlight the disastrous state of this forum. Sadly I hardly saw the old forum...that was working...since that was around the time I bought my UMO+.

I probably wrote this before. But the only reason i'm still around here is because I have an Ultimaker, I like it, and there have been people here who have done amazing things with them. But they have slowly disappeared, or stopped posting new and interesting things :(

Edit: And now even formatting is broken...there should have been bold text above...but the forum stripped it away...and i'm to disheartened to try to add it back...

This is the last post where I will voice my thoughts on this (crappy) forum...time will tell if you manage to migrate successfully to a new forum...and if creativity will manage to come back...

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · general forum feedback

Edit: And now even formatting is broken...there should have been bold text above...but the forum stripped it away...and i'm to disheartened to try to add it back...

I saw bold type up there.

Interesting...it doesn't show up in my browser (Chrome)...but if I view it in IE I can see it.

But even when I went to edit the post...all the bold markup tags were gone...that's why I assumed that the forum took it away...

Interesting...it doesn't show up in my browser (Chrome)...but if I view it in IE I can see it.

But even when I went to edit the post...all the bold markup tags were gone...that's why I assumed that the forum took it away...

I use Firefox a lot, which is where I could see the bold, so I went to Chrome and could still see it there.

I'm on a PC with Win 8.1. I have not checked my Win 10 Machine.

Hi people, regarding the migration.. we are going to initiate the migration tomorrow on Thursday. It is estimated that from approximately 10am the forum will go into lockdown and we aim to go back live on Monday 18th.