general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

@SanderVG - some great improvements!

the @ is not workong for me to post (as you can see)

The 'latest' forum messages appears not to have latest "since last visit"?

Thank you! The '@' feature is only active when you press 'post comment'.

In the text editor it is not active yet.

As I can see, in your post, the @ is working just fine for you :)

Have you also taken a look at 'the future'?

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2. this forum post does not show anywhere except I can find it under my "following" filter since I started this port. this should be showing under

Community > Forum > Software and Firmware > Marlin

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/16201-is-the-umo-firmware-1502-maximum-feedrates-for-e-too-low

Its moved to the first page now.

Did someone just fix that? It's been missing since yesterday, and I looked on computers and mobile device too. I wonder what other posts have been lost.

Yes, I did just some minutes ago :D

2. this forum post does not show anywhere except I can find it under my "following" filter since I started this port. this should be showing under

Community > Forum > Software and Firmware > Marlin

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/16201-is-the-umo-firmware-1502-maximum-feedrates-for-e-too-low

Its moved to the first page now.

Did someone just fix that? It's been missing since yesterday, and I looked on computers and mobile device too. I wonder what other posts have been lost.

Yes, I did just some minutes ago :D

Thanks! Also if you are a moderator why does that not show on your "title" and also for communications and transparency please make sure to say "i just fixed it" or something like that when you correct a bug...I feared I was losing my mind. :-)

Yes, finally, after about 1.5 months, the forum shows back the signs of usability.

Thanks to everyone involved in reviving it.

@SanderVG - suggestion: Please unite all the "3D Printing in ..." topics under "Education" into one. It is more or less useless as it is now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

Yes, finally, after about 1.5 months, the forum shows back the signs of usability.

@SanderVG - suggestion: Please unite all the "3D Printing in ..." topics under "Education" into one. It is more or less useless as it is now.

I agree completely, I was starting to completely loose interest in the forum, but this is a significant step forward (or do I mean backwards to be as functional as the old forum !)

@SanderVG a positive comment on the state of the forum at last

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion. We're definitely making that change. Also for other categories we're going to have a minimal amount of sub categories. This way it's easier for a user to search for something or to find a sub category to post a topic in.

So if you have more suggestions, please let me or @SandervG know :)

Thank you, and thank you all for sticking with us!

I am sure we will get there :)

@stu_le_brew, have you also checked out The future?

What do you think?

@shurik, like @theDeugd said, we are planning on revising the amount and selection of sub-categories too. Let us know if you have any thoughts or suggestions! :)

Chat is on our list to look into what is possible, as you may understand it was not on our #1 right now.

@TheDeugd,

There's IMHO no point in splitting ultimaker fillament & other fillament.

I would totally ditch the "materials" category and just put a "materials" sub under "the art of printing"

Also some hardware topics are made "ultimaker" and some not, I would suggest to f.e. change "maintaining your ultimaker" in "maintenance".

I feel the icon color for Quote is counter-intuitive, already I few times I used it by mistake when I wanted to select "code".

Would be more intuitive to match a dark colored icon to the dark colored code layout

code.thumb.jpg.729d74b4ff9f7b688f7e530713911da2.jpg

code.thumb.jpg.729d74b4ff9f7b688f7e530713911da2.jpg

I agree with others. This site is much more navigable now. Thanks for working on it!

• Like 2

Chat is on our list to look into what is possible, as you may understand it was not on our #1 right now.

Dear @theDeugd, @SandervG et all there - you should work 24/7 just to bring back all the basics that were lost.

All the detailed explanations, however they are justified in your eyes - are meaningless for us, the end users. The forum I used to love, trust and rely on was gone. Now it looks like it is going to come back. Please make the comeback sooner than later. Before it is too late.

Dear @theDeugd, @SandervG et all there - you should work 24/7 just to bring back all the basics that were lost.

All the detailed explanations, however they are justified in your eyes - are meaningless for us, the end users. The forum I used to love, trust and rely on was gone. Now it looks like it is going to come back. Please make the comeback sooner than later. Before it is too late.

Well, at least for the UM people I met at 3d printshow London (@SandervG being one of them) I had the impression they would actually work 24/7 to improve the forum if this would make sense (it's not Sander who is coding the forum ... ;) )

You may have the impression that improvement need some time to appear here. You're right. Because they are thoroughly tested by forum members before. Theses beta tests are something UM missed on the initial launch but introduced after the shitstorm and fruitful discussion with various forum members. And the beta testing goes on.

UM is well aware that it should not take too long for improving the forum. And I must say it's quite ok what they have done in the last few weeks. Especially if you consider that there is a second, even larger software project in beta test phase (the new Cura).

• Like 2

I got this spam (only once) as a PM... maybe it's an idea to implement a "report spam button" in the message page so you guys can ban spamming users ?

SPAM.thumb.jpg.34f4742c82f217bb17fef198d11f1efd.jpg

Good suggestion!

I was advised of this spam message and the user was banned, but it took a user (thanks to him) to take some time to copy paste the message and pm it to me.

• Like 1

categories we're going to have a minimal amount of sub categories. This way it's easier for a user to search for something or to find a sub category to post a topic in.

So if you have more suggestions, please let me or @SandervG know :)

Please bring back "assembly" all these posts are now lost in general>general discussion.

At least move them to hardware>maintain your Um

Or

Hardware>modifications or

Better yet

Hardware > Assembly

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

I keep getting ghost notifications....

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/16251-the-future?page=2#reply-109048

Edited by Guest

I keep getting ghost notifications....

Same here.

Me too, these ghost notifications are still under investigation.

Thanks for sharing.

NOT FOUND

the future :p

@SanderVG - some great improvements!

the @ is not workong for me to post (as you can see)

The 'latest' forum messages appears not to have latest "since last visit"?

Thank you! The '@' feature is only active when you press 'post comment'.

In the text editor it is not active yet.

As I can see, in your post, the @ is working just fine for you :)

Have you also taken a look at 'the future'?

Thanks @SanderVG ..... I guess I am used to the @ working to autocomplete so I know I have the right person before I post - but that may not be the intention so I might get into some interesting conversations when I spell things wrong (often) - had a quick look at "the future" - nice to see all the customisability but it leaves me needing to learn things so I tend to just work with the vanilla flavour for a while!

keep up with the changes but don't leave us too far behind on the basic functionality (I speak as an ergonomist (complex user interface design) where the thing we try to avoid most is over-customisability! - the more it becomes like G+ the more lost I feel! (but I am from the era of BBs and like my info in lists and dislike badges and other people rating the answers for me :))

NOT FOUND

the future :p

Lol! Thats reinsuring ;)

Where did you find that? Everything works for me.

Thanks @SanderVG  ..... I guess I am used to the @ working to autocomplete so I know I have esign) where the thing we try to avoid most is over-customisability! - the more it becomes like G+ the more lost I feel! (but I am from the era of BBs and like my info in lists and dislike badges and other people rating the answers for me :))

Well, you may get to know some new interesting people this way ;) Plenty of them over here!

I don't think we are over customizing it. One safety feature being if you don't want to customize it, leave it like it is. Just some basic things you can adjust, and we will clearly explain to you what these are and how to do it. Let us know what you think of the new design and UX on The Future post :) It will help us make the best decisions.. it will allow you to make decisions.

Thanks @SanderVG  ..... I guess I am used to the @ working to autocomplete so I know I have esign) where the thing we try to avoid most is over-customisability! - the more it becomes like G+ the more lost I feel! (but I am from the era of BBs and like my info in lists and dislike badges and other people rating the answers for me :))

Well, you may get to know some new interesting people this way ;)Plenty of them over here!

I don't think we are over customizing it. One safety feature being if you don't want to customize it, leave it like it is. Just some basic things you can adjust, and we will clearly explain to you what these are and how to do it. Let us know what you think of the new design and UX on The Future post :)It will help us make the best decisions.. it will allow you to make decisions.

@sandervg as long as I can have lists - oh, and lists of what has happened since my last visit :)

Thanks, James

. Let us know what you think of the new design and UX on The Future post :)It will help us make the best decisions.. it will allow you to make decisions.

@sandervg as long as I can have lists - oh, and lists of what has happened since my last visit :)

Thanks, James

On it!