general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

This "pretty" version rubs me much as Windows 8 did....why screw up what was a functional interface

Is this before or after you pressed the control alt delete keys? :p

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess I miss the old format

This "pretty" version rubs me much as Windows 8 did....why screw up what was a functional interface and turn it into a portal experience at every click?

I visit a lot of forums that use platforms like vBulletin board and other variations.  I can use TapTalk to go into those while mobile.  

I'm sure you guys are trying to make it better.  I'm waiting patiently   =)

Some really nice features are coming up real soon, and after that we will continue to develop new features based on user feedback :)

I hope this is on the list for notification fixes , but I thought I would point it out to be safe.

When a post receives a "like" the system appears to be generating two(2) notifications. One for the "like" and a second saying there has been a "reply". The second "reply" notification is misleading since no new reply is there for anyone to read, this notification should not be generated, only the 1st notification that there was a "like".

I think this might be causing some of the ghost notifications? I only saw both notes because it was my post that got liked, if someone else's post received a like I would probably only see the "reply" notification and if I went to the forums I would not see any new content.

See Image below:

5a3310128c54e_UMforumdoublenoteonlike-anotated.thumb.png.2830ed222c3fd74fa17a7fb7a2026da8.png

5a3310128c54e_UMforumdoublenoteonlike-anotated.thumb.png.2830ed222c3fd74fa17a7fb7a2026da8.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

I just got an Email from info*at*ultimaker.com with a notification about new "activities".

There's a link that says "Manage notifications in my account settings" which points to a somewhat strange URL:

http://ultimaker2.diamant.oberon.nl/login

Of course I have to enter my login data there (which I didn't do!).

Is this E-Mail a fraud?

------------

Another thing:

The Ultimaker site currently takes 20 - 30 seconds to load, because it keeps waiting for "use.typekit.net". :(

Edited by Guest

@jonnybischof I got the same and assumed it's part of the forum beta testing that is planned to start today. Are you also part of the beta test group?

Idem here... not part of beta group, so I'm assuming someone ticked a box that is now sending e-mail out to all users who ever liked a post... nice. :(

Edited by Guest

Indeed. Normally a beta testing machine would define a catch-all for the emails so they can be debugged. You don't send out mails to live addresses. Very unprofessional.

• Like 1

That.

And also, STOP giving me this popup bottom right about my feedback for the site. I mean, participating in this topic, beta forums, actually filling the feedback popup out once already, and it's still bugging me again and again....

• Like 1

I only got the notification of the feedback once though.

Hi @jonnybischof @ultiarjan @blizz @coen @titus and others,

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the email sent out with a link to one of our development sites. While we were testing (one of many) new functionalities a few emails were sent out to approximately 30 users. This should not have happened. @sandervG will send an email following the notification.

The good news of this all is that this week we will start beta testing and next week we will go live with several awesome improvements (including email notifications). Stay tuned!

Edited by SandervG

Did anyone get another one. I just posted in that topic in the beta environment

I got one. Btw a shame I forgot to capture some shots :D the notification system looks nice.

I got a rather broken email notification as well. Two actually, both like this:

5a33102c162b6_UltimakerNotification.thumb.PNG.e3a855f406b05ffd92f18b044a0b88c9.PNG

5a33102c162b6_UltimakerNotification.thumb.PNG.e3a855f406b05ffd92f18b044a0b88c9.PNG

I also received two emails that looked like this on mobile...

ZPBvYyx.thumb.jpg.b7c4c141864d9a87b034169667b00d72.jpg

ZPBvYyx.thumb.jpg.b7c4c141864d9a87b034169667b00d72.jpg

I got a rather broken email notification as well. Two actually, both like this:

Got two of those aswell

Got a notification too yesterday, naively thought the notification system was back :)

However, I really hope that notifications are going to contain the message itself when there is one. Not only a link to consult this message.

I used to read email notifications directly from my email client, and with an email per new post, it was being conveniently regrouped by discussions directly since it was the same thread.

Now, when I wanted to reply something, I would click the link, and go to the forum.

I could do most of the reading from the email client, and it was not disruptive.

I like to get the notifications as soon as there is a new message. However, if each notification is a link I need to open, to read a message in another place, that is maybe irrelevant or uninteresting to me.... that would be very disruptive and a no-go for me. i NEED to be able to read the message in the notification directly!

• Like 3

Hi Guys,

I also received 3 similar messages. They shouldn't have been send out (yet), but due to an accidental connection with the live host a couple of notifications were send out, like @theDeugd explained. What you have received was just a mere example of what the email notifications will offer. You will be able to choose from different settings, and @kolia you might be happy to know there is also an (pre)view setting available.

Once beta testing has been completed we will go live and not just a few, but we will all receive notifications when our favorite topics get a reply. This will probably be next week.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share with you the latest update regarding the Ultimaker forum.

Today we finished beta testing and it has proven to be an excellent and rewarding cycle once again. Together we gathered quite some notes and feedback which we need to be addressed.

After a consult with our developers today, collectively looking at the feedback, they said they needed an extra day to process the feedback before they would feel comfortable going live.

Looking at the original planning, this would mean we wouldn't go live Thursday, but Friday.

We have learned from both our own experience and feedback we got that it is probably / usually not a good idea to go live on Friday, just before the weekend. For that reason, we prefer to be rather safe than sorry and we have pushed back the launch of this phase to Monday 24th of August.

Like originally planned we will have developers available in case anything pops up.

If you have any questions about this project, feel free to ask!

After the weekend we will have a new and clearer overview, email notifications and much more!

For one, I am excited!! :)

Edited by Guest
    • Like 5

Ultimaker is starting to learn :D

• Like 1

Well.. we have a good teacher ;)

Yes Go Lives are bad on a Friday. When problems arise, everyone is away. And that's a Monday no one wants to walk into!

One thing I meant to mention...and not sure how your development team would handle it.

I frequently get the icon on the top that shows I have 2 notifications. One for a reply. One that i was quoted i the reply. That seems a bit repetitive

Yes we are looking into merging the notifications.

From the top of my mind, you will have the option to select what you want to be notified about.

Like Tags, Quotes, Likes, Replies etc.

You can also say, how you want to be notified and when.

Merging the notifications was a bit complexer than one may think, but it is still on our list.

Like combining if 1 reply holds a quote, tag and reply.

Edited by Guest

by the way.. anyone else noticing how fast the home page is all of the sudden?

by the way.. anyone else noticing how fast the home page is all of the sudden?

It's fast and everything has a new font. The new font has been visible during loading for a while now. I like it. [edit: Maybe the font size was just increased. Seems a bit large now that I'm fully awake ;)]

Any chance you can point community.ultimaker.com to the Community page rather than the UM home page?

Edited by Guest