• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · general forum feedback

Thanks, very good point!

Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Surprising it wasn't mentioned before.. Well, I guess we all like to remember those sweet words Samira sent us.. we all like to feel human every now and then ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

..halfway there!

Today is a big day, because we're going to implement a lot of new features which will improve using the forum and should make us feel like home in no time.

After this we are just one step away from 'The Future', where our forum will be at its full capacity. Make sure to let us know what you think, because we are doing this together with you guys!

We have quite a few improvements ready for you, which are available for you to enjoy.

Keep a special eye out for:

-] New forum user interface for better overview and better navigation

-] New filters on the forum page that reload live and are stored for your next visit

-] Customizable categories view

- Choose the amount of topics you would like to see in the categories view per sub category (from lay out settings) (Note: sub categories will be sorted automatically based on the highest amount of topics per sub category)

- From settings you can also choose to hide topics from certain sub categories (for example foreign languages). The result is that topics from these sub categories won't be shown in in overviews like the dashboard and the main topics view.

-] Main header can be minimized when you're logged in.

In your settings you can turn it back on.

-] Less sub categories (3-4 max)

-] Improved topic detail page

- New pagination element

- Printers + location in a user card

- Changed the location of certain meta icons

-] Search

- Search now has tabs so you can quickly switch your view to site, forum, prints, people and support.

- The tabs are context related, so if you use the main search button and you're at prints, it opens the tab for prints first.

- A few search bugs related to users that couldn't be found in the search should be fixed.

-] Improved notifications

- Individual options to mark as read or delete

- Mark all as read

- New notification settings

- Subcategory notifications are enabled

- Ghost notification fixed.

-] Email notifications **

- Email notifications can be found in the settings.

- Hourly update will give you an update every hour. If you want to receive just 1 email per notification, choose immediate update.

-] Minor things

- You can tag users now with a - or _ in their usernames

- There's a new breadcrumb in the main menu bar to quickly navigate to either the community dashboard or the forum page

- Likes; You can now click on the number below a like heart to see who liked it.

** There is an important note though:

During the last few days we continued testing the forum and we encountered 2 features which occasionally misbehave. We will fix them in the upcoming days but it is worth mentioning so you know what to expect:

• The subject in the e-mail notifications currently has a default line, it will be changed to a personalized line, informing you about content of the notification.
  • Occasionally an e-mail notifications will direct you to the first post in a thread in stead of the designated reply.
  • The preview mode in e-mail notification is not live yet. This will be activated later this week.

We wanted to continue with making this update available for you anyway. There are a lot of other improvements which will make the forum a pleasure to use and we

didn’t want to postpone the launch any more.

Both ‘bugs’ are related to e-mail notifications, if you want to stay away from them you can disable ‘e-mail notification’ until it is fixed later this week.

Enjoy these improvements! :)

Edited by TheDeugd
  • Like 5

Huzzah!

Edit: This post gave me a notification, when I clicked it brought me to the first page of this topic. Marking it as read seems to have no effect. Deleting all notifcations does clear them.

Edited by Guest

Test

And that showed as 1 unread notification.

Then I read this

And it still shows 1 unread notification

Fixes coming, i hope!

Just clear all notifications, that should do

Ok, getting major bugs with the picture upload system

Old albums not showing up, not being able to upload, 503 Service Unavailable errors

Edited by Guest

Sometimes it's nice to leave them in a unread state so you can quickly go back to that topic if needed.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far though. There are some good improvements.

Odd. Now the notification did bring me to the right page.

*Edit*; and no notification from my own post and it cleared correctly. Hmm.

Edited by Guest

Also, loading an UM page gives me a static TSJK sound or hickup when I'm playing music over my speakers :O?

Edited by Guest

Notification bell is now working

• Like 1

Happy to have those 2 developers available :)

@Titus, what did you say about an error while uploading an image?

It could very well been caused due to a fix for the notification bug.

Also, loading an UM page gives me a static TSJK sound or hickup when I'm playing music over my speakers :O?

So THAT'S what's happening! Ah, it was driving me nuts. I was working on my laptop with Spotify running and it would randomly "pop" and stop producing any sound. All I could do was restart the program to get my music going again. I was thinking "god dammit, windows 10, you were supposed to be the saviour, why are you doing this to me!?" and even went so far as to update drivers.

• Like 1

So THAT'S what's happening! Ah, it was driving me nuts. I was working on my laptop with Spotify - ....- this to me!?" and even went so far as to update drivers.

It isn't happening with me, while listening to Spotify and refreshing the website.

I work on Mac Yosemite. What about you @Titus?

Seems like the random popping is produced by Modernizer, it tries to play some base64 encoded sound file to check if your device supports sound. Running a mac with El Capitan here and not getting the "pop" but I do noticed the call to the sound-file in Firefox developer tools.

• Like 1

Loading much faster, like the layout in the forums and better use of space (more fits in the page)

• Like 1

I am noticing one problem and wondering if the timing is the problem (perhaps you changed the layout when I posted)

I posted an item in the Software/General section.

The Post doesn't show in the list.

I went into my profile to check my post history.  It is there.  Link

Hopefully no one else has posts missing

Edited by Guest

So THAT'S what's happening! Ah, it was driving me nuts. I was working on my laptop with Spotify - ....- this to me!?" and even went so far as to update drivers.

It isn't happening with me, while listening to Spotify and refreshing the website.

I work on Mac Yosemite. What about you @Titus?

Windows 10, firefox 40. It's driving me crazy :p

I believe its due to the movie on the homepage. Remember the mobile phone issue sander, where my phone said it was playing some media?

Edited by Guest

* On mobile (samsung galaxy S4 / chrome) the "remove all notifications" is missing in the notifications area.

* on mobile, even after pushing "mark all as read" in notifications, there's still a envelope icon in the right bottom of the screen.

@Titus, what did you say about an error while uploading an image?

It could very well been caused due to a fix for the notification bug.

Old albums not showing up, not being able to upload, 503 Service Unavailable errors

Wanted to upload pictures, but couldnt

The forum update is quite ok. However, there are a few things I still miss:

1. List of new posts since my last visit

2. List of new posts since my last visit

10. List of new posts since my last visit (I know I'm a pain in the neck)

Further:

- I would like to see who made the last post in a topic. It is especially interesting to see when the OP makes a comment or an experienced user.

btw: The way the user points are calculated is still a bit strange... the point page says one point per post...which is obviously not correct...just for the case the two developers are still available... ;)

• Like 2