general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

@Dim3nsioneer, for the first part. Doesn't this work pretty ok? https://ultimaker.com/en/community?topics=1&sort=latest&type=all It's what I use at least, pretty much the same as on the old forum. But of course, still waiting on the "I've already read this topic" functionality. Which is coming in the next update.

Agreed on the second point. I submitted that as feedback a while back and it has been noted by the devs. Not sure when it'll get implemented though.

And just a small wish from me. I like that location info and such has been added to the left of each post. However, does it have to be so small and low contrast? I sit pretty far away from my monitor and I have to lean in to be able to read it.

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am noticing one problem and wondering if the timing is the problem (perhaps you changed the layout when I posted)

I posted an item in the Software/General section.

The Post doesn't show in the list.

I went into my profile to check my post history.  It is there.  Link

Hopefully no one else has posts missing

That is strange, can't find it indeed. Will look into it tomorrow with the dev's!

@Titus, what did you say about an error while uploading an image?

It could very well been caused due to a fix for the notification bug.

Old albums not showing up, not being able to upload, 503 Service Unavailable errors

Wanted to upload pictures, but couldnt

Will look into it, my albums are showing (the ones I created before this update).

The forum update is quite ok. However, there are a few things I still miss:

1. List of new posts since my last visit

2. List of new posts since my last visit

10. List of new posts since my last visit (I know I'm a pain in the neck)

Further:

- I would like to see who made the last post in a topic. It is especially interesting to see when the OP makes a comment or an experienced user.

btw: The way the user points are calculated is still a bit strange... the point page says one point per post...which is obviously not correct...just for the case the two developers are still available... ;)

Read / Unread is coming, just a little bit more patience :)

OP is visible in the top right corner. Is that OK?

Calculation of points is scheduled for the next launch as well :)

For last posts you could use this filter? You can even bookmark it and tweak it some more to your preference.

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

OP is visible in the top right corner. Is that OK?

What I meant is to see who posted last. The OP being the last poster was just an example (it's usually very interesting to see what the OP thinks about suggestions and thoughts from other users).

@iroberti: I use this sorting for quite a while now. It's the best one can get at the moment but I still have to think when I last visited the forum in order to get the really new posts. And I hate to think, especially in the morning... ;)

Edited by Guest

* On mobile (samsung galaxy S4 / chrome) the "remove all notifications" is missing in the notifications area.

* on mobile, even after pushing "mark all as read" in notifications, there's still a envelope icon in the right bottom of the screen.

#1 noted, #2, could you make a screenshot to show what you mean? If album uploads still aren't working, please email @SandervG directly with the screenshot :)

Old albums not showing up, not being able to upload, 503 Service Unavailable errors

Will look into it, my albums are showing (the ones I created before this update).

When I try to add a photo to a post, I cant see any any photos in any of the albums, if i hover the mouse over the empty space a light grey label comes up where the photo should be and shows the photos name, but if I click the full or thumbnail buttons nothing happens.

• Like 1

I am noticing one problem and wondering if the timing is the problem (perhaps you changed the layout when I posted)

That is strange, can't find it indeed. Will look into it tomorrow with the dev's!

Solved: https://ultimaker.com/en/community/software-and-firmware/general

We will look into this issue further to replicate this behaviour.

Are we able to edit our profile name? I want to make the first letter a capital but cant find the option.

New users can choose the name they want to, old users who's name was altered during the migration can ask me and I can put the capital back in your name :)

@Labern, consider it done!

Sweet, Thanks

clicking on a picture puts them smaller and clipped in the right bottom corner.

and now clicking on a picture shows the wrong one.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/1467-post-your-latest-print?page=136

and now clicking on a picture shows the wrong one.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/1467-post-your-latest-print?page=136

Thank you! Will look into it.

This forum is heaps better now. The layout is nicely balanced between easy to read and compactness in each thread and in the topic list.

Navigation links up the top and link to last post in each thread and in the topic list is good.

Performance is much better now.

Even without having the since my last visit yet, filters can be set fairly well and overall it's much more pleasurable to use.

Also it's good that you fixed a lot of things together before you introduced them in one lump.

Thanks for your work guys and well done.

• Like 2

Please remove the google site feedback thingie. I'm spending enough time giving feedback already, and the questions don't even change, so having multiple entries from my won't help.

When I try to add a photo to a post, I cant see any any photos in any of the albums, if i hover the mouse over the empty space a light grey label comes up where the photo should be and shows the photos name, but if I click the full or thumbnail buttons nothing happens.

This

@TheDeugd, I can't upload them, let me link them

#1 noted, #2, could you make a screenshot to show what you mean? If album uploads still aren't working, please email @SandervG directly with the screenshot :)

http://i.imgur.com/Zjo1UDc.png

http://i.imgur.com/EuquKhW.png

http://i.imgur.com/Ig6UpTc.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

\offtopic, double posts, double posts everywhere!

Anyway, my NEW topic is also not visible. I replied to LePauls topic and now it IS visible.

There you go <3

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/17148-ultimaker-original-heated-bed-kit-new-cura-help

I'm now torn between kicking my own question up or letting it be for you guys to look at.

Edit, na, kick it is, I'll post some other topic for you to debug :p

Edit2: I'm getting good at this bug testing stuff :D I guess being able to break things and put them back together helps, just like having created bugs like this myself.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 2

Please remove the google site feedback thingie. I'm spending enough time giving feedback already, and the questions don't even change, so having multiple entries from my won't help.

Hi Titus, afaik if you answer the feedback thingie once, it shouldn't bother you anymore.

Unless if you go incognito, remove cookies or work on different computers every time..

Is this the case?

This forum is heaps better now. The layout is nicely balanced between easy to read and compactness in each thread and in the topic list.

Navigation links up the top and link to last post in each thread and in the topic list is good.

Performance is much better now.

Even without having the since my last visit yet, filters can be set fairly well and overall it's much more pleasurable to use.

Also it's good that you fixed a lot of things together before you introduced them in one lump.

Thanks for your work guys and well done.

Thank you!! And thank you all for supplying us with feedback and working together to get this build :)

Hi Titus, afaik if you answer the feedback thingie once, it shouldn't bother you anymore.

Unless if you go incognito, remove cookies or work on different computers every time..

Is this the case?

Meh, cookies might expire, not the way to program this imho. Will try to make them permanent or something. Either way Im curious if it even provides usefull feedback.

\offtopic, double posts, double posts everywhere!

Anyway, my NEW topic is also not visible. I replied to LePauls topic and now it IS visible.

There you go <3

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/17148-ultimaker-original-heated-bed-kit-new-cura-help

I'm now torn between kicking my own question up or letting it be for you guys to look at.

Edit, na, kick it is, I'll post some other topic for you to debug :p

Edit2: I'm getting good at this bug testing stuff :DI guess being able to break things and put them back together helps, just like having created bugs like this myself.

@titus your topic is available again on page 3: https://ultimaker.com/en/community?page=3&type=all&time=all&sort=latest&category=129&topics=1

Issue resolved, CDN was caching old code.

I set my notification mails to immediately for private message, received a pm but no email.

The rest is great thanks to the developers!

I set my notification mails to immediately for private message, received a pm but no email.

The rest is great thanks to the developers!

Got another reply and now i have a mail, great ;)

Just one thing, for moderators only (or maybe not), the drop down list is black with dark blue font that makes it impossible to read (the filter to select unactive or deleted posts