ultiarjan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · general forum feedback

Yes I spotted the enable bit 8). Well I checked the junk mail folder. If there are other people receiving them then I will dig deeper at my end.

Well, I do receive them.

Lol Sander, one of the other programmers is probably moving yours manually so you think it is OK :D

how are your notifications getting along?

What about a mechanism which allows for marking a single entry as read but without reading it?

Currently it is not possible to track individual read posts.

The tracking is done by thread. If you have opened it, it assumes you read it.

Whether or not you actually have scrolled down to the last posts (assuming you start at first page and didn't click X unread).

@Titus, a) yes. b) yes. and 'c') no ;)

Currently it is not possible to track individual read posts.

The tracking is done by thread. If you have opened it, it assumes you read it.

Whether or not you actually have scrolled down to the last posts (assuming you start at first page and didn't click X unread).

OK, I rephrase my question: What about a mechanism which allows for marking a single thread as read but without reading it?

At what stage in the forum or overview would you like to have this function/mechanism?

On the forum page filtered by unread posts - as in the old forum... ;)

Yes I spotted the enable bit 8). Well I checked the junk mail folder. If there are other people receiving them then I will dig deeper at my end.

Well, I do receive them.

Lol Sander, one of the other programmers is probably moving yours manually so you think it is OK :D

how are your notifications getting along?

Nothing so far although I have not had time yet to check all my settings. I will try tomorrow and give you an update soon

Hi @SandervG, just done a quick check. The email address under my profile is correct. Just checking a few, the following forums are being followed as indicated in the line at the top of the forum

Post processing

New post October 19th nothing received

Trouble shoot and maintenance

8 new topics all raised in the last 2 or 3 days

Cura and Merlin

15 new topics in the last week and a half

No emails received for any of the above new postings nor for topics being followed

Ok, let me see if we can discover something.

In the meantime, can you double check if it didn't disappear in a spam folder or something?

Same here...I get no emails. But... I aint bothered :p

Have you enabled it so you should receive them? :p

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

same as @skint: no notification emails although they are enabled but I do not strongly miss them.

Edited by Guest

Speaking of searching - I regularly forget the link for one of my most important posts. And now even when I search for the _exact_ title - the search is useless and won't find it...

"Top Layers not touching - UM2"

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/6375-top-layers-not-touching-um2

Or it may find it but since it returns 229 pages, I have clicked only through the first ten or so (and the last few).

@Nicolinux: Google it as in the good old days... ;) Search engine still doesn't find the important content.

• Like 1

Yes I have checked my ISP and my desktop client and my Outlook rules; cannot see or think of anything else that would be rerouting them.

I get the emails just fine.

Somehow the rotation of images isn't read out well. Windows does the job but here they are rotated:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/1467-post-your-latest-print?page=140&sort=#reply-122288

I was under the impression that the search engine was working, since at some point you had one that performed quite well.

But even when I search for the exact title, I can't find it(or atleast get it as a hit on the first page):

Try: "[New question!] Bundled questions about Cura"

Should find this:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/view/8018-new-question-bundled-questions-about-cura

Also it's missing some images there

Another thing: [media=6981][/media]

Mark as read is not working in that topics view, only in category view...

Edited by Guest

The title was not always included in the search, we discovered it a little while ago by a post from @Nicolinux. The dev's should have a solution and I think it will be implemented in approx. 2 weeks.

Thank you for notifying us anyway!

Edited by Guest

Yeah but there is more. If I just use "bundled" it's the second hit(bundled is mentioned in the post).

When I search "bundled cura", it's gone. The search prioritizes CURA hits over hits with both Bundled and Cura.

That is not a good search engine xD Even google searching the entire web gives me the right result first, without mentioning anything else:

https://www.google.nl/search?q=bundled+cura

Do others also get ghost notifications sometimes? I just got a notification that there would be a new reply in a thread I follow but when I went there the last entry was from the 6th of October.

Yes I also still get them. But it seems to be better than a few weeks ago? @SandervG did you guys do anything on this issue lately?

Edit: and I just got a notification for my own reply....

Edited by Guest

Yeah I still get them