general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

Instead of a "Buy now" button on the right, where it does not make much sense (this is the "personalised" area), wouldn't it make sense to make a "Store" menu item right next to the "Products" menu? This "Store" menu item could have a dropdown menu that contains links to "Ultimaker Store" and "Local Resellers" (which links to the resellers overview page).

That way you don't need the (silly) "Buy our products at" overlay, which only ever makes sense if you have selected a different locale with the control on the bottom left of the page (seriously, they could not have put that control and the Buy now button it relates to further apart if they tried).

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We always had a reseller / shop / buy now button in the top menu. In our previous design the menu wasn't always visible, only if you moved up but that was annoying because it resulted in a flashing menu bar. Solution; it is fixed now. Currently we are experimenting with what choice of words and position works best by tracking the amount of clicks etc.

But regardless of this specific result, I'll see if we can move it a little bit.

Thank.you.all. :p

There is a problem with the prints section.

newly added prints are showing No Photos even though there are photos loaded. Also there are no arrows on the side of the image to move to the next one so you don't actually know if there are more to look at.

There is only 1 upload not showing any pictures, and that could also be a mistake by the user or during the upload. The rest looks OK?

About the arrows, I don't know if there are any other pictures in these uploads. When there is only 1 picture attached it won't show the arrows.

Does your upload have more pictures?

It says "no photos" above the avatars on 4 different "prints"

Yes mine has 3 photos but says "No Photos" above my avatar on the main page and no arrows to go to the next prints. it does scroll if you drag it across though.

• Like 1

@SandervG: The.Buy.Button.Is.Still.There.In.The.Upper.Right.Corner. :(

btw: What about making the 'mark as read' button in the 'Topics' selection? Maybe you should send that big Ronin next to your desk after the developer to speed things up? ;)

Also the slow text input is the worst. drives me nuts :O

@Dim3nsioneer, yes I know. We are currently working in 2 week implementations so we haven't had the change to fix it.

@Labern, you have it too? I thought it was only on my account.. or actually my laptop is acting up lately. Noted!

The Big Ronin?? I mean.. it is a nice idea...... .. but come on.. the Big Ronin? ;)

The Big Ronin?? I mean.. it is a nice idea...... .. but come on.. the Big Ronin? ;)

'send AFTER him', not 'send TO him'... ;)

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

As some of you may have noticed, we made some changes to our website / forum again.

Get the confetti canon ready, because.. the buy now button is moved a little to the left!

Hopefully that will stop any accidental clicks to our shop.

The menu is also back for navigating through our community platform.

We added a YM tab, fixed the slow typing bug and some other things.

edit: you can now upload 3D prints from the 3D print-page and you can navigate through blogs and 3D prints by using your arrow keys.

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

Great you moved the buy button... however... five millimeters in two weeks... Ultimaker printer fortunately print a lot faster... :p

Where is that YM tab? Can't see it...

btw: The 'mark as read' link still doesn't work in 'topic' view...

Edited by Guest

Get the confetti canon ready, because.. the buy now button is moved a little to the left!

You guys are really good at ignoring the opinion of the people here. :-(

After seeing that "massive" improvement with the button, I have now permanently removed it locally. If anybody is interested in the uBlock Origin filter rule, let me now via private message.

Yay now I can type on my mobile with no lag.

...and now I am getting tons of notifications about posts that have no new replies.

Very annoying :(

@SandervG, I just don't understand how you guys are doing some things. Can you explain why that button is there at all? How many users that are here on the forum do you expect to buy something because of THAT placement? Is that worth the irritation and bad rep with your content creators on the forum? Because it really feels like a marketing ploy, a clickbait. And if there is one thing the active forum users hate it is 'techniques' like this. I can't see another reason why it should be there, or anywhere visible at all.

If someone needs spare parts or filament which they normaly buy at Ultimaker, they will do so without the button. The people that you are hoping for wont, because it doesnt actually go to the shop, no it gives a popup screen -_-.

Other note: The white bar underneath the category you are in(products, support, community, etc) is hardly visible since the area underneath is also white....

• Like 1

...and now I am getting tons of notifications about posts that have no new replies.

Very annoying  :(

Same here again ....

About the button, I really don't see the issue, it's just the same top bar over the whole site, doesn't bother me at all..... Ultimaker is a company, they sell stuff, you buy it if you want to.

'Mark as read' is noted as a bug and I think it should be fixed shortly.

I'll personally let you know @dim3nsioneer when it has been done ;)

@LePaul, you are referring to ghost notifications, I think the most annoying bug we are barely able to reproduce. Did you get more since yesterday/Thursday?

I didn't. I probably get like 3 a week on average.

In regards of the 'Buy now' button, that button has always been in the menu.

In our previous revision it was named 'resellers' and it was next to 'Blog', it has now moved to the right. We might move it again later depending on the output from our testings, or we won't.

Following your feedback that it was to close to the notification bell and there were accidental clicks we moved it a little bit, so you wouldn't click it if you didn't want to.

But I get the feeling you are not aware that this menu is the same over the entire website.

So it is not aimed to 'trick' our community / you personally, it is a navigation tool for our entire audience to visit our shop.

@UltiArjan, do you get more ghost notifications to?

Was it less in the last few weeks or more than ever?

@UltiArjan, do you get more ghost notifications to?

Was it less in the last few weeks or more than ever?

Yes, I think its just the last days.