general forum feedback

ultiarjan

Posted · general forum feedback

Shouldn't the button be called "Store" or "Shop"?

"Buy now" tends to Indicate that I'm currently looking at a product and i click the button to buy it.

I don't have a problem with it in its current position.

• Replies 1.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

I like how you added youmagine to the top menu bar.

Finally found it. It doesn't immediately pop into your eye (compared to other recently added or moved elements... ;)). But it's indeed nice.

@SandervG, @ultiarjan: For me the number of ghost notifications stayed the same.

Edited by Guest

Yes, I think its just the last days.

And before yesterday you didn't have any anymore, i.e. something in the last launch triggered the ghost notifications?

Shouldn't the button be called "Store" or "Shop"?

"Buy now" tends to Indicate that I'm currently looking at a product and i click the button to buy it. I don't have a problem with it in its current position.

That is an option, and we have been thinking about that. With something called A/B testing we are going to test what description works best.

Yes, I think its just the last days.

And before yesterday you didn't have any anymore, i.e. something in the last launch triggered the ghost notifications?

They where always still there, but it definitely got worse the last days.

So far....(knock on wood, as they say), no ghost notifications over the weekend

Edited by Guest

Is it only me or has the response time gone up massively? Loading of a thread takes very long now.

My direct messages take long, threads not per se.

Looking forward hearing other users input.

Threads with lots of pictures take forever to load:

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/1467-post-your-latest-print?page=145

Win 7, firefox

For me it's very slow.

Sometimes I wonder if I ever clicked the notification and if I click it a second time I have to wait even longer because the page loads then refreshes.

Aparently this forum has no email notifications.

There seem to be a dozen replies waiting for me that I never knew about.

(And yes, I am using "[X] Follow and receive reply notifications")

When I click on the notifcation "Topic: XYZ has (1) reply" I get thrown to the very first posting,

not to the first unreat reply on page 35.

Aparently I get multiple notifications on this site for replies in the same thread.

What does that green dot next to my user name in the upper right corner mean?

It doesn't seem to be a notification that anything in there requires my attention.

When I can "bookmark a topic", where is there no "list of bookmarked topics"?

Not in the top level view of Community->Forum or in any of the sub-forums at least.

Edited by Guest

I got as notification "you have reached Level 2". Clicking on it just makes it disapear.

It doesn't open any kind of page telling me what that means.

The green dot means you are online.

You will find your bookmarks under your user account. Just click your user name on top right and bookmarks in drop down menu.

Hi Marcus, thank you for getting involved with the community! :)

For future references, try to bundle your questions in 1 or 2 posts.

If you are curious, you can find more information about the community here.

You can find our houserules here.

Exactly today, we are implementing a fix to improve the email notifications.

For most servers the emails arrive, but some don't. From your messages I assume yours don't too. Lets see if tomorrow the emails do arrive.

If you bookmark a topic, you can find them here. (click your forum-name, in the dropdown you'll see several options. Amongst them; 'Bookmarks'.)

Since roughly two weeks I have the problem again that I have to log in to the forum again each time I access it - it doesn't even remember the email address in the login field. That error was there in the beginning but worked in after a while for some releases.

Did you change anything to your cookie or browser settings?

No, no changes there. I do not regularly clean cookies on browser exit or such.

After logging in - which should set the cookie if it did not exist - and then just wait a day, I am logged out and have to re-login. The same for Youmagine by the way! Thingiverse remembers me correct though ;)

Update: On Youmagine I have noticed that behavior for much longer than on the forum.

Sometimes it does only take a few hours until I have to re-authenticate on the forum. Is the cookie somehow bound to my IP maybe? I travel a lot and mainly use 3G connections, so I assume the IP changes quite frequently compared to a regular PC.

Edited by Guest

hmmm, let me check because I don't know.

You also said you never got any emails. We implemented a fix today.

Could you double check if your settings are enabled for email and let me know if you receive emails?

Thanks! :)

Hi Marcus, thank you for getting involved with the community! :)

For future references, try to bundle your questions in 1 or 2 posts.

One issue per posting, so quotes form a chain that can be followed.

I was asked to mention my issues here and I did.

hmmm, let me check because I don't know.

You also said you never got any emails. We implemented a fix today.

Could you double check if your settings are enabled for email and let me know if you receive emails?

Thanks! :)

I tried and the settings-page doesn't work.

It shows a number of *gigantic* Ultimaker logos with some random navigation text in between.

Looks like a stylesheet is missing.

..reloaded. Now it shows but saving changed notification settings results in "503 Service Unavailable"

Edited by Guest

Feature request:

Why can't I add this forum to Tapatalk like all the others, to follow discussions in one, central place across all devices?