• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted · general forum feedback

hmmm bug...

just got the "are you sure you want to navigate away" pop up on pushing "post reply".

I choose stay, push "post reply" again, and end up with a double post....

Posted (edited) · general forum feedback

Isnt the dashboard the area that pops when you push the Community button directly? I just thought it's two times the same think. Sorry it was just a fast photoshop

Edited by Guest

Isnt the dashboard the area that pops when you push the Community button directly? I just thought it's two times the same think. Sorry it was just a fast photoshop

you're probably right....

hmmm bug...

just got the "are you sure you want to navigate away" pop up on pushing "post reply".

I choose stay, push "post reply" again, and end up with a double post....

That has happened to me a couple of times but I don't think it ended with a double post though.

Thank you for your feedback.

If all images would be at the same place, lets say far right or far left, would that make things better?

What about popular print categories?

I don't think that a lot of people knew about the option to filter 3D Print section on this categorie and it could be helpful finding inspiration or certain examples.

I like this option. Also, having the print featured which has the most likes is some great acknowledgement. But maybe we could do without the forum categories in the drop down menu.

Main thing for me is to ONLY have to click straight below the button without having to move left/right within the drop down as that the main annoyance...

The part that bugs me it's the zigzag ofthe mouse to actually press forum, it's a bit counterintuitive. Also very easy to open the scroll info from other tabs. I prefer a scroll down movement no matter the info. Also showing lots of stuff confuses.

Last night, I was searching for something on Google that linked here to the UM forums. I clicked over and was reading one of the posts that was a search hit....then got a blue screen. It was the Ultimaker 'pop up' to register or sign in. It was really difficult to maneuver around to close the window and finish reading the post. Just an FYI

The read unread is also broken for me. It always points me to one page before my actual unread posts (49 is last page I read. I click notification. Get sent to page 48)

Today when I clicked on this topics unread link I got a mixed message.

Beneath the line that separates the new replies from the old ones it stated that there were 3 replies. But at the end of the post, as well as the first post, it said that there were 2 replies. And that was actually accurate. The post had only 2 replies, but if you counted also the first post it was in total 3.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/21051-build-plate-temperature-limit-after-firmware-update?page=1#unread

We are looking into this as we speak, thanks!

- I would prefer the list of posts (and the lists of forums) to be more dense, thus with less vertical white space in between them. And with more items listed on one page (or maybe user-adjustable in our profile?). So that it is easier to get an overview. The amount of information that is presented per item is okay.

- I really don't like the blue pop-ups jumping over messages before I am logged in. These days a lot of people surf by opening in the background 20 posts from a list, by middle-clicking each. So, then I have to close that same blue pop-up 20 times, if I forgot to login first. Thus usually... This is really annoying. Most of the time the blue thing also pops up while I am busy logging in, so I have to start all over again. I would recommend throwing that out completely. So if you want to pick only one item from this list, take this. :)

- The Sign-up button could say "Login/Sign-up", and could default to the login screen, since people have to sign up only once, but after that they have to login many times. Maybe there is a faster way to login, but I haven't found it. But I haven't searched either. :)

- These forums contain a lot of very valuable posts and tips and tricks, very educative. But sometimes they are difficult to find, as they get snowed under tons of new posts. The best posts are worth converting into manuals. What would you think about a forum named "Manuals by users", or something similar? Where only those manuals are listed (after approval), but no discussions? Just a long list of Manuals / Tips & trics only?

- I like to print valuable posts (to PDF-file) and store them locally, in my directory 3d_printing_tips. But the forum pages are not easy to print, so I have to copy and paste everyting into a text editor, clean it up, then print to PDF. If other people do this too, maybe you could add a print-CSS sheet to the website that removes left and right side panels, and cleans up the body text for better printing? But this has no priority.

- Personally, I prefer very simple menus in the old style, like on this site: "www.interthk.be". (That's why I made it that way, even though it is very primitive and old-fashioned, but I just like it that way.)

Or menus as on the GRC-site: "www.grc.com", which has very nice, very compact, but very modern pull-downs. Also very minimalistic, so that leaves a lot of room for the real page content. This is probably the best I've met (although not the most beautiful). You might want to check that out.

The point is that I have trouble finding my way in these modern menus with "hamburgers" and lots of other meaningless (to me) icons. As in the recent Firefox-horror (so I switched to Pale Moon). But I can imagine that younger people - or mentally younger people - see things differently. :)

Anyway, the good things are: (1) the Ultimaker forum does exist. And (2) it does work well technically. And (3) it is used a lot and contains good info. I appreciate that very much! So, don't throw these good things out.

• Like 2

since yesterday, got a few times an error on posting a reply, where every time only the 2th attempt resulted in actually posting...

5a331d2615b99_500InternalServerError.thumb.png.306b0a1e1c5b044cf313292c3a928898.png

5a331d2615b99_500InternalServerError.thumb.png.306b0a1e1c5b044cf313292c3a928898.png

Is it possible to add a way to search within a thread? I like to search within a long thread before posting something, but I don't like to click through 49 pages to check every page. (As I would have to do in this thread, to see if someone already asked for this.)

• Like 3

Is it possible to add a way to search within a thread? I like to search within a long thread before posting something, but I don't like to click through 49 pages to check every page. (As I would have to do in this thread, to see if someone already asked for this.)

I think the answer is no since the seach can't even perform the most basic of trivial searches yet (I think they are working on this).

But

Have no fear there is an easy way to do this with google. Use the site: command on the google search line and paste the post's URL in front (no spaces) then Leave a space and type in your search term. Works like a charm.

To look for "thread "

site:ultimaker.com/en/community/11734-general-forum-feedback thread

To look for "easy way"

site:ultimaker.com/en/community/11734-general-forum-feedback easy way

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

That would be perfect!

Let me find out if that is possible. When in a thread and click the magnifying glass would you like to search in the thread, and the thread alone?

This would mean you always have to go back to the main screen to search the entire site.

Or you could check a box that toggles between search thread (where you are in) or don't check it and search the website. What would make most sense to you?

Or something else?

A tick box would be great. Also advanced search with more options would be great also.

Let me find out if that is possible. When in a thread and click the magnifying glass would you like to search in the thread, and the thread alone?

This would mean you always have to go back to the main screen to search the entire site.

Or you could check a box that toggles between search thread (where you are in) or don't check it and search the website. What would make most sense to you?

A checkbox would be least ambigous, therefore preferable.

Although normally I'd assume that a search option within a thread only applies there. But I am mostly used to phpBB style forums, so that may be just me.

Maybe the site rebooted recently? I had to re-log in today.

What ever the case, none of the notification links are taking me to the unread part. I either get one page back or the top of the post, and no bar showing the unread beginning. Ipad IOS 7.0.6 and safari

There seems to be a bug related to the smileys which I often notice and then forget about 5 seconds later :PWhat happens: for example in this post, i used 2 smileys inside the text. when posting the reply, the forum software somehow removed the space after the smileys embedded in the text and now instead i have something like "hardware ;)At" in my post. Im absolutely sure I entered the text with a space after the bracket! And if you type R-n-D without bars, it will replace the D with a smiley too.

Edited by Guest

Pah! it happened again! This time, when I posted my reply, the smiley was fine. I just pushed edit to add the last line and this time the space was removed! Might be I did the same in the linked post, I'm not sure anymore.