Ultimaker origonal extrusion motor issues

Posted · Ultimaker origonal extrusion motor issues

long story short (the Shit new forum can be thanked for that) trying to cange fillament on ultimaker origonal, cant get the filament into the bowden tube no matter how hard i try

PPS (yet more worrise with the crap new forum, oh got why have you done this? its Cura interface all over again!) what the fuck have you done to the forum? it used to be usable, managable useful. its now fucking 3D printing facebook. please bring the old, usable forum back. i dont really want to jump ship to another non ultimaker specific 3D printer community, but really this new forum is horific. someone people still own computers guys, the world isnt rules by Ipads no matter how much analytics say dumbing down websites is vital

Well, lets try and focus on your motor issue ok?

If you want to share your feedback on the forum, please do this in the dedicated thread.

Can you give us some more information about why or how it blocks?

Is the motor working, like rotating?

Fair chance the tip of your filament is curved, and it is hitting the bottom of your bowden tube or the clip. What could help is pulling out the bowden tube, by removing the horse shoe and pushing down the clip and pull out the bowden tube.

If your motor is fine and your feeder is assembled correctly it should probably work.

Another tip; use either your fingers or a pair of pliers to straighten the tip of your filament.

It will significantly help feeding in new filament, both during pushing it in the feeder as later going through the PTFE teflon part.

Let us know how it goes, good luck.

Once you have found the right answer, please select the 'Best Answer'. It would help future readers with a similar problem to find the right answer faster.

Thank you!

Well, lets try and focus on your motor issue ok?

If you want to share your feedback on the forum, please do this in the dedicated thread.

Can you give us some more information about why or how it blocks?

Is the motor working, like rotating?

Fair chance the tip of your filament is curved, and it is hitting the bottom of your bowden tube or the clip. What could help is pulling out the bowden tube, by removing the horse shoe and pushing down the clip and pull out the bowden tube.

If your motor is fine and your feeder is assembled correctly it should probably work.

Another tip; use either your fingers or a pair of pliers to straighten the tip of your filament.

It will significantly help feeding in new filament, both during pushing it in the feeder as later going through the PTFE teflon part.

Let us know how it goes, good luck.

Once you have found the right answer, please select the 'Best Answer'. It would help future readers with a similar problem to find the right answer faster.

Thank you!

This is what i am having to do, and was wondering if there is any other way round it? i make sure the end of the filament is cut as straight as possible with no burrs, but it just seems silly.

also, no horseshoe clip, old old old version that only ever came with one clip for the hot end side.

and sorry for getting frustrated guy, but my lord this forum. urghh!

if you look at the current ultimaker origonal instructions PDF, section 6.5.1 Page 74, its part D (quick fit coupling), that is where the fillament gets stuck. it will get past the threaded section, but then just stop, maybey it is slightly stepped, as its for air lines i think?

If you pull the bowdentube (gently) you will see one clip move along with the bowden tube inside the quickfit coupler. If you press that down, you can pull out the bowden tube, without too much force.

I am guessing this should allow you to feed the filament.

Sometimes I also run in a piece of filament that just won't fit in.. but others go in without me even looking or trying. Have you also tried other pieces of filament?

Can you upload a picture of your filament and feeder (few different angles if possible) if it still won't go in?

Thanks!

It may sound silly now, but it is something you get used to doing and it will only go smoother. (feeding the filament I mean, not this entire work around).