3dSolex Installation Support

Posted · 3dSolex Installation Support

Rigs Hello! But going beyond the 260-degree nozzle you never run the risk of damaging the Ultimaker 2 for ecessiva temperature as originally to go up 'to 260 degrees ?? Alessandro

Don't worry :)I print at 280° PC/ABS without damages.

Only fine particles to feed my future cancer ;)

With all the pollution we breathe on the streets of our cities', what do you want us let us aun bit 'of ABS or carbon fiber :-) Rigs when you updated firmaware have installed version Tinker_16.01 or a' other ??? Then to raise the temperature over 260 degrees you did it directly from the display of Ultimaker 2 ?? Thank you ! Alessandro

• Replies 89
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I print ABS at 270 with the E3Dv6 on an UM2.

As far as I know you need to change the max temp in configuration.h in Marlin, (search for something like #define heater maxtemp) then recompile, at least thats how I did it... I'm not aware of changing the max temp via display in tinker firmware ( sorry @tinkergnome if I missed this :) )

I print ABS at 270 with the E3Dv6 on an UM2.

As far as I know you need to change the max temp in configuration.h in Marlin, (search for something like #define heater maxtemp) then recompile, at least thats how I did it...  I'm not aware of changing the max temp via display in tinker firmware  ( sorry @tinkergnome if I missed this :) ;)

Hello ! I have installed this new firmware for Ultimaker 2 at this web address https://github.com/TinkerGnome/Ultimaker2Marlin/releases! The loaded on Ultimaker 2 and already 'display by turning the wheel I arrived at 300, then maybe not arrive' never at that temperature limit, then these groups just can Lancero 'print at about 270 degrees! But Ultimaker 2 if born with a nozzle temperature of 260 degrees Max does not run the risk even though this new firmware allows it to ruin the block brass ??? What do you say ?? Thank you ! Alessandro

I'm still on tinker 15.10.2.

Just checked and there's >

Tinker_16.01

new menu for PID autotune (Advanced -> Preferences -> Temperature control)

No time to check now if there's the option to set the max temperature or only the PID values?

If you can go to 300 in the default setup thats very practical, in 15.10.2 it was still 260.

I don't think the brass block will be the issue, you'll have to try the 3dsolex options for high temperature replacement for the PTFE.

I'm still on tinker 15.10.2.

Just checked and there's >

Tinker_16.01

new menu for PID autotune (Advanced -> Preferences -> Temperature control)

No time to check now if there's the option to set the max temperature or only the PID values?

If you can go to 300 in the default setup thats very practical, in 15.10.2 it was still 260.

I don't think the brass block will be the issue, you'll have to try the 3dsolex options for high temperature Hello ! Later this month will order 'from http://3dsolex.com/'>http://3dsolex.com/'>http://3dsolex.com/'>http://3dsolex.com/ cartridge heating by 35W STEEL COUPLER V2 and they told me' more resistant! The new cartridge from 35w with the new firmware that allows me to go over 260 degrees should be able to print with filaments using temperatures more 'high with no problems! You have already 'bought something from http://3dsolex.com/ ??? Thank you ! Alessandro for the PTFE.

Yes, I'm using the olsson block, jet nozzles and the 35 watt heater from 3dsolex. Think next time I need to replace a ptfe i'll try the 255 c version.

Yes, I'm using the olsson block, jet nozzles and the 35 watt heater from 3dsolex. Think next time I need to replace a ptfe i'll try the 255 c version.

Hello ! What would be the version 255 c ?? Thank you ! Alessandro

the 3dsolex version of the PTFE:

http://3dsolex.com/teflon-replacements

@ultiarjan & @volpino74

For printing to 300° :

- creat custom material : MATERIAL ---> SETTINGS --> Customize --> Temperature

Or

- In the G-gode if you use S3D or other....

I don't think the brass block will be the issue, you'll have to try the 3dsolex options for high temperature replacement for the PTFE.

I compiled the recent release for a max. temperature of 300°C. You will need it, if you want to verify the 300° promise from Carl... :)

Look for "TF2K 300C Combo"

I agree with Arjan:

i don't think that the brass block will be affected, but if you use the higher temperatures with the standard hotend, the PTFE coupler will degrade quite fast.

• Like 1

I compiled the recent release for a max. temperature of 300°C. You will need it, if you want to verify the 300° promise from Carl... :)

Look for "TF2K 300C Combo"

I agree with Arjan:

i don't think that the brass block will be affected, but if you use the higher temperatures with the standard hotend, the PTFE coupler will degrade quite fast.

Hello ! The TF2K 300C is fine just to ABS but when you switch to PLA then I'll have to remove and replace the TFT 255C! So instead of doing all this work I would tell you to always use the TFT 255C and even if you wear before you change it only once instead of doing the work on behalf of dual or wrong ?? Both mica always go to high temperatures! Alessandro

Posted (edited) · 3dSolex Installation Support

Hello ! The TF2K 300C is fine just to ABS but when you switch to PLA then I'll have to remove and replace the TFT 255C!

Sorry, but i guess you got it wrong...

The (so called) "TF2K 300C" combo consists of an "TFT 255C" plus an additional "I2K" wafer chip. And it works fine for PLA.

"Only for ABS" belongs to the "IPM Coupler"

Edited by Guest

Hello ! The TF2K 300C is fine just to ABS but when you switch to PLA then I'll have to remove and replace the TFT 255C!

The (so called) "TF2K 300C" combo consists of an "TFT 255C" plus an additional "I2K" wafer chip. And it works fine for PLA.

On the site http://3dsolex.com/ say the TF2K 300C replaces the original PTFE Ultimaker 2 ??? From the image looks dark as if it were made of PTFE, you know what material and '?? If sure it's fine for both print ABS PLA or other materials ??? Alessandro

Hello Tink! :-) I would not get confused on the site at this link http://3dsolex.com/teflon-replacements have 3 types of PTFE (I hope I have said just) tell me what you know 'the better to print that both ABS and PLA also type materials with glass fiber or Carbon ?? If you can answer me do me a pleasure! thanks Alessandro

Both the TF2K and TFT are suitable for PLA and ABS.

The TFT can withstand 255 degrees

The TF2K can withstand 300 degrees.

So get the one that can withstand the temps you print at.

The TF2K is a TFT coupler and I2K wafer that is used together and you don't need to remove the wafer to print PLA.

• Like 1