Calibration of X/Y Axis with Cura

fuchs

Posted · Calibration of X/Y Axis with Cura

Hello,

i just finished assembling my Ultimaker and did some test-prints. Mainly the 20mm Cube from

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573

I measure 19,65mm for each axis on the finished cube.

I know that for material extrusion one can adjust the "E" parameter - but is there a way to calibrate the X and Y axis in cura? Maybe i am just blind, but i can't find a setting for that it seems - and i want to have a 20mm box that is 20mm in physics :-)

Any tips?

Cura 12.08, Marlin 1.0.0RC3 (i think), Batch7 machine, just assembled 2 days ago.

Posted · Calibration of X/Y Axis with Cura
    i just finished assembling my Ultimaker and did some test-prints. Mainly the 20mm Cube from

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573

I measure 19,65mm for each axis on the finished cube.

I know that for material extrusion one can adjust the "E" parameter - but is there a way to calibrate the X and Y axis in cura? Maybe i am just blind, but i can't find a setting for that it seems - and i want to have a 20mm box that is 20mm in physics :-) Cura 12.08, Marlin 1.0.0RC3 (i think), Batch7 machine, just assembled 2 days ago.

I don't think the UM needs calibration in XY. I went though great deal of testing/measuring/calculating/convincing last year, and 100mm is really 100mm on the UM, as you can verify with a pencil taped to the head.

in order to produce a 20mm object, you need to take the plastic extrusion into account, and maybe you are under-extruding, since you are missing 0.175mm on each side, or basically half an extrusion width... some of it can also be explained with shrinkage due to cooling (every thermoplastic is doing that). so please look into all other factors first before messing with the XY calibration.