About This File
In order to check the quality of my bed leveling (seem to have trouble when printing close to one edge of the bed), I made this mount for my digital dial indicator. Initial measurements seem to indicate that my 6mm shafts may be bent somewhat.
Since my dial's shaft is too short, I used an extension shaft salvaged from an old CD-ROM player, together with one of its slide bearings.
First, I was hoping to be able to use the unused nozzle opening to pass the dial shaft (or its extension part), but unfortunately, I couldn't find an easy way to secure the slide bearing to firmly hold the extension shaft in place. I therefore mounted it on the outside of the printhead.
The whole thing works well, although I should have made the upper support part a little bit sturdier.
My next step is to build a data interface for the dial gauge so that I can send the measurement data directly to my computer, e.g. to make a 3D map of my bed leveling, e.g. as in:
Overkill, but just for my personal experimentation...
PS. The picture also shows my uggly Bowden tube clamp. Uglly, but seems to work in holding my bowden tube in.