Right now, without waiting, without passing GO, and without collecting $200 - throw that single wall constipation cube as far as you can. It has nothing to do with anything.
Once you have your E-steps calibrated you are done.
When you enter the line width and layer height into Cura it is an easy calculation to figure out the volume of an extrusion. LineWidth x LayerHeight x Length.
You have entered the exact filament diameter into Cura (or Cura will use the default 1.75mm diameter) and it is an easy calculation to determine the volume of a length of filament. PI x r² x Length.
You may notice that neither formula says anything about wall thickness. It's "What volume of plastic is needed" to "The volume of plastic that is pushed". When that ratio is 1:1 then flow is 100%.
Can Cura 5 heat the bed and nozzle at the same time, while printing via usb?
I have tried various iterations of code to no avail.
Version 5 is working very well, thank you !! Terrific features and new additions !
OMG I actually never knew that. Thank you very much. I suspected something wasn't right because that's why I did my original post. Nozzle was front left off the bed and that purge line did not seem right to me.Of all the printers I had I always thought the home was set in the Gcode script. Tht's why I asked about how to change it.
I copied your original 'how-to' and I'll follow the instructions.
Boy I seem to have nothing but trouble. So I tried putting some black marker on my extruder gear and tensioner and while watching them extrude found that the tension pully was slipping. I tried tighting the tension but ended up installing my stock (plastic) Creality extruder tensioner again. Then I calibrated my esteps again, also extruding into thin air. I get exactly 100mm now when I extrude 100mm. So next I printed a cube with only 1 perimeter. My understanding is that I should now be getting "close" to a 0.4mm line width, but I'm not. I'm getting like 0.52mm. So I would have to reduce the flow to like 77% which still seems wrong.
This is probably the #1 reason why people go to dual extruders.
I would go about the supports on those a little differently (like normal instead of tree) but that's just personal preference. If you increase the floor distance then an interface can be a lot easier to remove. It will look kind of sloppy, but so what - it's all getting thrown away anyway. Try setting the Floor Distance to .4mm.
Another thing you can do is make the support weaker by decreasing the flow. You are at overall 95% flow so try dropping the Support Flow and Support Interface Flow to 87% or something. If it's too low it won't lay down correctly.
I've been running the Support Line Layer Thickness at 2X layer height so they only go down every other layer. In Cura 5.0 the high flow rate of doing that will cause a speed slow-down so you would need to adjust the Flow Equalization Ratio to 0%.
I've noticed that the top interface comes away from the print a lot better if it was cool when the initial skin went down on top of it. I haven't done it yet - but for small prints I'm considering adding a pause at height just to allow the interface to cool. Large prints was how I noticed the difference as the support always seems to come away easier.
A decent set of pics, a set of micro files, an Exacto hobby knife, a narrow sharpened screwdriver, and a pair of needle-nose pliers are necessary evils when dealing with support removal.