About This File
I found this model in Thingiverse and thought I would print it. It was also the first time I had used Gold PLA.
For the print I used an 8mm 'Brim' to help adhere the base to the build plate. Recently with printing I have found the 'Brim' no only stops/reduces warping. But it also allows the printer to get settled for the printing task.
Layer Height - 0.15 mm
Wall Thickness - 1.0 mm
Top/Bottom Thickness - 1.0 mm
Infill Density - 15 %
Enable Retraction - Yes
Print Speed - 40 mm/s
Travel Speed - 120 mm/s
Enable Print Cooling - Yes
Enable Support - No
Build Plate Adhesion Type - Brim - 8 mm
Print Sequence - All at once
Sanding / Finishing
1. Pliers used to remove Brim
2. Tweezers used to remove Brim inside cable housing
3. 120 Grit Sandpaper (with water) used on the side to remove Brim
4. 220 Grit Sandpaper (with water) used on the side to smooth edge
5. 320 Grit Sandpaper (with water) used on the side to finish edge
The print came up in high quality which required some sanding to remove the brim and also the material on the underside of the cable holder housing. This print works very well in holding my phone and amplifying sound.
This is not my design I got it from: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1289078