Modified gCreate Rocket 1.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Once I saw the gCreate rocket, I knew I had to print one! It looked like an art statue to me.

I've got zbrush skills, and wanted more of a "flame" look to the thrust, so I sculpted the main engine thrust. The rocket print failed the first time, so I grabbed the remix with the supports. I took a look at it in lightwave, and the supports that were added were way too thick on the fins, so I started with the original model, and added thinner supports that would be easier to remove. I wanted to add lights in the windows, and while I had it in lightwave decided for lighted windows I would have to remove the logos. I also needed some way to get inside the rocket, so I sliced the top off it.

The main thrust flame came out so nice that I decided to add thrust flames to each of the fin rockets as well. I also modelled a inner support structure to allow the leds to be centered at each of the windows.

The whole thing was printed complete hollow in matterhacker pro natural 5 lb, and then rattle can and hand painted.

User Feedback