Julia's Dragon 1.0

(0 reviews)

14 Screenshots

About This File

Made entirely of fractals in the Julia Set in one aspect or another. Really kicked me in the heiny as it took a month to print with failures and other issues such as being a 4.5 day long print. Usually would fail at 4 days then the PVA would get too humid and not support the top and got nothing but bunches of spaghetti.

The next to last version did ok, but had a design flaw and could not support the weight of the top flyer. Did redesign and now sturdy.

Varied the density by splitting the model and overlapping areas so that the bottom had more walls and infill and the top part of the flyer had less walls and lower infill to lessen weight. Used 'Per Model Settings" to accomplish it.

Used ColorFabb Leaf Green PLA in standard settings. I did slow the print a bit to reduce stringing. Images are basically untouched as I just trimmed the brim off and pulled a few squirelleys off the leading edges in case of build-up. Did have to trim a few built up parts off as it would curl up and I could hear it whack the printhead nozzle on the print. But it finally printed and after a month of printing, I am finally on a different model.

User Feedback