1meter french pastry 1.0

(0 reviews)

20 Screenshots

About This File

Here in France, we love pastries. And of course when a customer when to one of our shop and asked us about making a HUUUUGE pastry, we just said "Challenge accepted" !

Our customer came to us to create a canelé that he will be able to expose to different show right up on his stand.

Because he wanted to have something absolutely unbelievable and a kinda "visible", we asked us to make him something around 1 meter diameter on 90cm tall.

Well, everybody knows here that 1 meter machines aren't the most easiest findable kind. And not the most reliable either. So, and because we have the abality to prod by our network shop in France mostly with some Ultimaker machines, we decided to divide eveything to fit in 20x20x20cm plate... Sounds a lot of parts already !

We created the 3D model with one of the cooking-used mold of canelé and thnen splitted eveything as expected.

In résumé, it made us 5 different floors to create, with 12 parts per floor (5th floor was 2x12 parts), and also the central part. Totally, it was 74 parts to be 3D printed !

We made it with 0.8mm nozzle at 350 microns resolution, around 8% infill. That's 400 print hours we dispatched everywhere in our ideOkub newtork to be faster and everything came back to me in Bordeaux, where assembling everything by myself took me 2 weeks !

After sanding, we gave it to an auto body shop expert for the last sanding and polishing.

Then, it was paint time in copper color, just like real "old" canelé mold.

It was very challenging but we made it ! And all with UM reliability... Thanks to our customer to for trusting us, and... see you for the 15 more like this one ! :O

User Feedback