Small Shelf unit featuring pillars. 1.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Here is a display shelf for small 3D printed objects. I decided to spend less time creating art and engineering type objects (still a lot of that) and more time creating functional items with an attractive presentation like this columned shelf unit.

At only 125mm wide, it is best suited for small to medium sized objects, short ones on the bottom shelf and room for taller ones on the top shelf. The back of each shelf plate has a 90 degree bend for accepting some of that putty that is used to stick posters and what-not to the walls. My hope is that this putty will be strong enough to hold the shelf with items displayed on it, and I think that will be the case.

The pillar / column design is recalled from several flashes of imagery that came to my mind recently, so my personal take is that this is divine inspiration. My take on that is we all get these epiphanies that are meant to communicate something to us and it is best to focus on them to try to discern the meaning of the imagery. 3D printing provides those of us who can't draw with a very good way of expressing what we've seen so others can share what they know about the object.

Les

Les try to figure it out!

User Feedback