Jingle Machine 1.0

(0 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is a work in progress. It rings jingle bells. You know, the round jingly kind with a metal ball inside often sewn to all manner of items to make jingling sounds. The idea here is to play tunes with the jingle bells and make a fun display item for the holidays that believe it or not are rapidly approaching!

I decided last December to celebrate Christmas all year round and what better way to ring in the season than with a 3D printed Jingle Machine! It spins well using all Adafruit electronics and stepper motor, (and Jameco motor driver chip).

There is a funny story which is that when I added the 12V input to boost the torque and speed (it was quite slow and weak at 5V, which I guess is why Adafruit sells it as a 12V motor), I connected the +12V power to a data pin. The board actually emitted a small puffof smoke! And like an idiot I did it twice! Two puffs of smoke! And don't you know it that adafruit and Jameco equipment still worked! The only thing I had to do was change the Metro Mini microprocessor output to another pin and now it works like a charm!

So anyway all's well that ends well and I have the thing plugged into the wall transformer and spinning nicely. Feels great to combine my various skills together and make something more than just 3D trinkets!

Oh, and the red bottom motor housing and original gears were printed on my old Printrbot Metal Simple. The green stuff was printed on the Ultimaker 2+.

Les

User Feedback