Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. After building a RepRap from scratch over 4 years ago with very little calibration and troubleshooting documentation available online, and the machine taking over a year and a half to get a decent print, being able to take an UM2 out of a box and have it print a very nice octopus after 45 minutes of setup is pretty plug and play in my book. True they still need a lot of tweaking, but having a machine that works out of the box and needs some maintenance from time to time is better than starting with a box of parts. We have a couple Stratasys printers here, so some of the engineers should be abl
  2. I've got the teflon back in place and it seems to be working. I did another cube yesterday that came out great and then another mostly flat piece that was so-so. I let it sit overnight and today printed a non-test part that came out great. Hopefully all is well now (knock on wood)! Cloakfiend, I'm glad that technique works for you, but that worn't work in our case. This is a company owned printer, and even though I'm the only one using it now, I'm about to leave the company and hand it over to others who don't know how to use it as much. It needs to be as plug and play as it can be, wh
  3. Well, thought about the shape of the clog and thought that maybe there was a gap in there where it was getting stuck. I just took apart the head again and pushed the teflon piece as close to the nozzle as I could. I just got it back together and have it printing another test cube now, hopefully it'll continue to work this time. After I assembled everything and was waiting for it to heat up, I found this image online: Which I think is exactly what was happening this time. The teflon was too thick to be easily pushed into place, so it ended up sitting higher and was leaving a gap for materi
  4. I'm having some more issues with the printer, and I know something is wrong inside the head. I wanted to do the atomic pull to clean the head, even though I've done it before, but wanted to take care in going through all the steps properly. I turned it on and went to move material to reverse it, and it wasn't moving. I bumped the temperature up to 260 and tried again, and it wasn't moving. I ended up pulling HARD on the back end of the filament while turning the dial, and it finally started to come out and go into the tube. I saw there was a fat blob at the end, and then saw it was stuck in t
  5. Well, it was working. I printed a .5" cube just fine, but my next print stopped after the 2nd layer or so again. I just did a material change, removed the red, cut off the end section the length of the bowden tube to get rid of the grind, and put it back in. Just started another test cube, and again it stopped printing pretty quickly. Any other thoughts?
  6. Didier, I followed your instructions and fixed the coupler to sit flush, and now it seems to be working just fine again, now with the red. I'm guessing that when I took the grey out, it lifted that up and just stopped working since. Thanks for the help! I wonder why this makes so much of a difference, does it have to do with heat distribution? While I said it was 3mm filament, it's actually the standard 2.85mm. That was one of the first things I checked, I only wrote 3mm to differentiate it from 1.75mm which UM's don't use.
  7. The company I work for bought an Ultimaker 2 a little while ago, and everything has been going well. After some time, I changed over the material and started getting some problems. The 3 materials I've tried have been the stock silver PLA that it came with, some black PLA that I got from IC3D, and some red PLA from Gizmo Dorks. All are 3mm PLA, and from here on I'll be referring to them by color. I should also mention that I've been printing the silver at 50mm/s at around 230C. I found that if I printed it at 50mm/s at 220C, it had a tendency to under extrude and the extruder motor would grind
  8. i tried printing off some old gcode, and while i didn't get any checksum errors, the material stopped feeding, and it was printing nothing into air about halfway in, messing up the print. could this be a checksum error as well without it alerting me about it? i soldered on the sd card, but couldn't find any info about setting it up with marlin. i tried uploading a print to it, but it didn't do anything. since i know this is an ultimaker forum, i'm guessing i'll have to post elsewhere about finding help for that, though i'd appreciate anything anyone has to offer here.
  9. i haven't printed anything with plugins yet. i started looking into it and reading up some more on the wiki about it this weekend, but haven't implemented it because of all the basic print errors. eventually i'd like to use it for color changes, but it needs to first be capable of printing.. didn't get a chance last night, i should be home earlier today after work to try some things out. thanks!
  10. thanks for the info! it's just so weird that this started happening all of a sudden.. i'll try out another cable and make sure it isn't up against something that could be interfering with it. hopefully i can sit down and add the sd card reader sometime this week.
  11. thanks for the reply! 1) i looked at the layer views a bit and didn't see anything that stood out. i can look a bit closer at it, but i'm guessing i won't find much. 2) i can try repetier host, i haven't yet. i looked at the code in notepad and didn't see anything that stood out. i also tried printing it in pronterface and was having issues too. lots of checksum errors return. 3) i usually print at 180deg. right after some of the prints stop, i would immediately check the temp, and it was still in the 178-185 range. i've glanced over the machine, nothing is hitting any endstops, nothing is
  12. I've been able to get some prints to work, but not others. I keep getting this error message in cura as it's printing, sometimes as it messes up, sometimes it keeps printing: < Serial Error: Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line:2 < Serial Error: Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line:2 < Serial Error: Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line:3 < Unknown command: < N4T0*30 < Serial Error: Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line:2 < Unknown command: < N4T0*30 < Serial Error: Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Lin
  13. A couple days ago I ran a couple prints (tree frogs) with some new material i just bought, and everything went as it normally does. I then ran a print over night using 14.02-RC3 (same as the frogs), and when I woke up I saw it only made it about halfway through, but it looked the the nozzle had been moving properly. I ran it again the next day while sitting next to it, and I noticed that when it got to exactly the same spot, the nozzle stopped outputting plastic. It looked like the extruder would be moving much much slower than it should have been (but still doing retraction on jumps), and the
  14. Perfect! Thanks Daid, I'll give it a test run tomorrow!
  15. I'm using a reprap. I'd have to install an SDcard reader and I think update my firmware to support it. Is there any way to do it within the software?
  • Create New...