Jump to content

eli-auger

Dormant
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Howdy folks, I'm hoping this post can serve as a sort of "jumping off point" to start a discussion about bridging in Cura. I'm pretty new to the whole 3D printing world; have had my UM2 since Monday. Overall, I'm greatly impressed. I am surely jumping into the deep end, but after many lengthy discussions with my 3D printing mentor, we both agree that the bridging capability of the UM2 (with default Cura settings) leaves something to be desired: Now, many of you may know that Cura 13.04 included a menu wherein users were able to adjust the speed at which the printhead moves while attempting to bridge: I've been poking around a bit in the github source code for the 13.04 and 14.01 releases, and theoretically, I see no reason this functionality couldn't be brought over to the newer release, at least as a plugin, if not part of the native functionality. So I'll leave this post with a couple of questions: 1. What was the reason this functionality was removed from recent releases of Cura? 2. Anyone with more coding knowledge than me want to chime in on what something like this would take to accomplish?
  2. Howdy folks, As it turns out, the wire connecting to the PCBA below the unit was disconnected during shipment. Thanks for the advice.
  3. If I try the M106/M107 commands, nothing happens.
  4. Hello all, I am using my ultimaker for the first time today and yesterday, trying to get everything dialed in to work properly, but I cannot, for the life of me, get the 2 side fans to turn on! I found http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3963-left-fan-not-working-on-um2-resolved/ where the resolution was that the loop wire was connected red-to-red or black-to-black. That does not seem to be my issue; my loop wire is connected red to black, so the fans are, in fact, connected in series. I ran a test print just now where the fan settings were overridden to turn on to 100% after 0.1mm in height. I disconnected the headers from both fans, and measured voltage (DC) across the power source: nothing. So the issue seems to be before the fans somewhere. Hoping someone has some guidance before I start disassembling this thing.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!