Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

gearsawe

Dormant
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral
  1. the M104 and M140 is part end code? So those should be after the "G1 E-1 F300"
  2. Then there are the professional systems like the Statasys. Yes they are closed sources and use proprietary material. But they are true click and print. You don't worry about warp, if the print will fail. It auto-detects the bed, senses when it is out of material and waits for you to insert more then continues. If you have extra material bays it will switch over to the full spool and continue. It senses a print head jam. Actually there was once it did not detect an extrusion jam but it was a quick pretty easy fix. The propriety filament is guaranteed to be accurate and free of variance. Also th
  3. Thanks missed the getValue() will use that. (corrected posting above) As for the settings I am retrieving is a printer settings such as backlash which is specific to this type of printer. I don't necessarily want to see the actual tooling path with backlash in the viewer since it will look like a mess. This will be something that is done at save. But now I am able to pull the set values into the gcode writer which makes me very happy. And will hopefully be useful for those who also own a M3D Micro.
  4. the below should not have any URL formatting. This makes it impossible to post code! Just because there is dot between two letters does not mean it is a URL. from UM.Application import Application it should look like from UM.Application import Application
  5. so to get the value of a setting for a printer config... in the printer config you have a category "MyCategory" and a value "MyValue" in that category from UM.Application import ApplicationMyValue = Application.getInstance().getActiveMachine().getSettingsCategory("MyCategory").getSettingByKey("MyValue").getValue() THe code above is not formatting correctly It keeps putting url tags automatically in the posting. There should be be no urls inside code brackets. GRR But still having that one problem making my own custom GCodeWriter. I have gone a head and reported the bug but still not
  6. The above is actually from the .json file. Along with a bunch of other custom settings for the printer. I actually have a model of the printer with the print volume in the correct position. Displaying correctly. Just took a while to find where everything is stored Till then I might just have to modify the original GCodeWriter and hardcode the code to modify the gcode there. I made my own "GCodeWriterMicro" it actually shows up in the save as options but when saving it still only use the original writer. I think I am doing it right but the new system just is now supporting what I need it to do
  7. I am still very new to Cura. In 15.04 I made a simple post process plugin which modifies the g-code to work with a specific printer. The plugin has some parameters which could be adjusted and it would modify the gcode at save. This was pretty simple in 15.04. Now in 15.06 I am starting to understand how to add parameters to a printer configuration in the "fixes" catagory but how to pass these values to let sat a new GCodeWriter plugin is where I am completely lost. I tried to make my own "GCodeWrinerM3DMicro" but since it uses the same extension ".gcode" only the original gcode writer seem
×
×
  • Create New...