Jump to content

ElzabE3D

Member
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

3D Print posted by ElzabE3D

  1. Treasure Chest Dice Holder

    This model was made by Thingiverse user DutchMogul for the Make-A-Thon design challenge and no wonder it won because it's a LOVELY design. No support needed for the lid and look at that bridging! Very sexy. The hinge is also fully functional and fits comfortably enough that I doubt it will break any time soon. I also love the raised dots and pattern.
    A little bit of elephant's foot on the rim of the lid meant that it didn't want to close at first, but some work with a pen knife sorted that out. Similarly, the key did not want to fit into the lock at first but a little bit of effort on the lock and the key with a needle file worked a treat.
    Printed at 0.2mm layer height at 195°C on the advice of a friend who suggested lowering the temperature a little bit for printing woodfill. It's also worth noting that this print took two attempts because a bit of crud in the woodfill completely blocked the core the first time round. Got to do my first cold-pull unclogging!
    Edit: Forgot to link the design! http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:548151

    788 downloads

       (0 reviews)

    0 comments

    Updated

  2. Don't go breaking my heart!

    My very first dual-colour print on the Ultimaker 3. I used some of our own PLA that I found propping up someone's monitor and it worked really nicely. The red is spoolWorks Phonebox Red and the black is spoolWorks Basic Black. The small layer height gave a lovely smooth effect but of course took bloody ages.
    The black parts are of a slightly lower quality than the red, and this is apparently because the black prefers to print at a slightly higher temperature. There is also a very small amount of nasty denting at the tip because i was a little rough when getting the print off the bed.
    And of course, most importantly, it works! Absolute pain in the arse to put together AND take apart.

    694 downloads

       (0 reviews)

    0 comments

    Updated

  3. Ball-Jointed Loggerhead Turtle

    Printed with recommended settings in British Racing Green Edge on an Ultimaker 3, as practice/testing. The detail is lovely and the joints rotate freely, but the two halves don't quite join correctly. As you can see they're not flush against each other. Not sure what's caused this as the settings seem to be otherwise spot-on, with only very minor catching inside the joints and angel-hair in the body. Might just glue the two halves together

    2,643 downloads

       (0 reviews)

    0 comments

    Updated

  4. E3D Emeralds

    Here at E3D headquarters we get to play with a LOT of 3D printers. It's one of the perks of the job, but when we get a new printer we're still always very excited to see what it can do. When the Ultimaker3 came in we thought it deserved a more exciting stress test than old reliable benchy.
    Enter: These beautiful gems and their vertiginous overhangs. We printed in our own spoolWorks Edge filament in British Racing Green, which gave a beautiful metallic, semi-opaque satin finish.

    1,074 downloads

       (0 reviews)

    0 comments

    Updated

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!