Jump to content

QC102

Member
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Field of Work
    Other
  • Country
    AU
  • 3D printer
    Ultimaker Original
  1. Trying some Sunlu Gold filament on "statues / Figures" I started with a Buddha followed by "Oscar and Maltese Falcon files off Thingiverse. Each when dropped into Cure 4.2.1 and 4.2 flashed the not watertight warning. Used the mesh extensions and "repaired" them" Each failed showing what looks like the Fuzzy Skin had been applied... thought it remains unchecked. After the first failure I also tried the "repair" using Ideamaker - which signaled the file was now OK. All teh files are scanned figures rather than "blocky" stuff conjured up in Tinkercad and all other models printed in either of the Cura version had problems. The picture of the Maltese Falcon, sliced in 3.6. small version was the test piece and both look OK. It seems that the Mesh repair tools in 4.2.1 and 4.2 are in some way affecting the structure. I submit this to check if others have these same issues. with teh version above.As it is I just use 3.6 for other figure models.
  2. In 3.6.0 I get this - CFFFP_60mm FanStand-Snap- A8-4. A8-4 being the printer name - BUT do we really need to know the actual printer type CFFFP_ which is not removable - of no interest to me or anybody else and is a stigma because I use an Anet A8. Why not leave it as was - A8-1_60mm FanStand-Snap ?
  3. I am just curios on two point (3rd being ego!) Is this change which occurred in 3.3.1 Intentional? If so...Why?? which is really for somebody with front office contacts or info. As an aging Adult - like many others with the cheapo clones printers.. I like to make it look better, and modify what can be do to improve for visual aspect. electronically safer and operating as best it can. Which for a cheapo Anet A8..is not over difficult for even my meager knowledge. Its just a little quirk that we give the printer "a name" and if the IT team doing Cura wanted to remove that option... WHY leave us paupers with CFDMP as a prefix.. what on earth is thw sense in that?? As a sulk I have turned off the info share options - so I don't confuse those who check it.
  4. The simple way to avoid any computer name prefix...is un-tick the option in the General Settings.
  5. I tried to replicate that by renaming files with upper case file suffix - nothing happened!! I tried on win10 PC and iMac. So the guess is...is it a code deciepher issue on individual computers...or a Cura code glitch???
  6. Hi, Yes I do know how to edit the file name. I am not alone to mention this "problem" - there have been a few comments on the Anet Geeetech support facebook group. One poster claims that his "name Prefix" us stuck at Prusa i3 - but I rather think he has the wrong setting! Others have stated their "prefix" for custom.FDM printer ( all Anet A8's or A6 is as seen in your example...CFDMP. Granted this is more ego than necessity. I am guessing the software engineers test on the companies own machines. However cheap and rubbishy as the Anet stuff is.. they do have a mega load of users and I feel it cannot be impossible to include an Anet Profile. After all there is Tevo and Zonestar and maybe others I do not know about in the cheapo cloned range of printers...not as popular as the A8. To conclude maybe the I.T.team can look at why this happens as it obviously indicates something in the code has changed.
  7. Since the 3.3.1 update, the option to add one's own printer name as a prefix to the produced G Code file... is now not possible for those who opt to configure as "Custom" / FDM printers. Is this a change in policy or a bug that will be fixed in a next update?
  8. I have been using the 3.3. beta and noticed my use of FDM for printer - I have a couple of Anet's A8 - which does not get its own profiles listed alongside the other cloners. The option to add a (personalized) pre-fix to the g-Code file produced - is now only CFDMP (Custom FDM Printer) Granted it can be changed manualy.... but I have to ask WHY this change?? Also, having tried creating different "printers" - evey time I remove that printer - 3.3.1. - crashes.
  9. QC102

    Cura 2.5

    Yesterday I downloaded Cura 2.5. and thought I had a cure to a problem I have - that literally thousands of Anet A8 printers - have never come across! If I use Repetier and the USB connection to the printer... the extruder lifts and remains about 20mm above the hotbed and starts "printing". I have a second A8 and that uses the USB and is OK. So assuming the cause was firmware I passed it to Anet - who seem clueless...and just use the SD card. However, when I loaded a .stl into Cura 2.5 and used the resulting g-code in the normal " Cura 2.4." way, Now this one does the same - extruder lifts moves to the print start point - and about 20mm up - starts "air" printing. I scrap the g-code, open 2.4. reprocess .stl - load g-code into Repetier - it prints "normal! without issues. So, had I not had the - more or less - same issue on the other machine - its looking like the Anet firmware and something in 2.4 affects it. The firmware is different - it as the auto level included in the firmware- the other machines uses the "Omni" firmware - no auto level capability - without uploading an upgrade. I will not summarize - its all above and I am hoping people a lot smarter than me can see a solution... TIA
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!