I just received a new S3 from 3D Universe last week but have been unable to get the camera to work at all. It's running firmware 5.3.10. In Cura's Monitor tab, when I click the camera icon a grey tint appears on the screen, and the tint goes away when I click again. When monitoring in the web browser (Ultimaker Connect), when I click the camera icon, a black box appears, showing nothing. I know camera dropping is common with the S5 and might be patched in the next firmware (https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/30942-um-s5-camera-feed-stopping/) but wanted to know if anyone had this experience with the S3.
Things I have tried:
- Firmware upgrade
- Power cycled multiple times
- Performed a Factory Reset
- Performed several Cura Connect Resets
- Scanned the printer's IP address (192.168.1.226) using nmap. Only port 80 is open, and also 22 if in Dev mode.
- I get nothing when going to "http://192.168.1.226:8080/?action=stream" and "http://192.168.1.226:8080/?action=snapshot"
- In Dev mode, running "systemctl restart mjpg-streamer@0" had no effect
- Opened up the webcam housing, but all wires seem to be intact.
- Forwarded port 8080 on my router (EdgeRouter X) to 192.168.1.226:8080.
- Tried WiFi and ethernet.
I've attached the boot log; at the end is where I entered Dev mode and tried to restart mjpg-streamer. I think the problem is that port 8080 on the S3 has not been opened, but I don't know how to do that. Appreciate any advice you can give.