Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

derrickoswald

Dormant
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. The "no output" problem goes away with wall thicknesses of 0.5 mm (with a 0.4 mm nozzle size). It actually generates very good geometry in these cases, but suffers from apparently random connections between LayerParts leading to unnecessary stringing.
  2. Does anyone know why the camera on my laptop turns on when the Cura print operation is started? It seems sort of creepy.Is there a way to turn it off or disable that code?
  3. A quick and dirty evaluation of the new Cura version. I didn't get too far. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwLvFzerHH6sZ3AydldlNnJZZGM/edit?usp=sharing
  4. I also had a very noisy fan, which I could quiet down with a knock on the inside of the base of the Ultimaker after a half minute or so. These instructions from coofercat worked for me, and it was so quiet I had to feel the shaft to see if it was turning - because the printhead fan is so noisy. Has anyone tried the regrease trick on the printhead fan?
  5. Hi, According to http://software.ultimaker.com/ the downloads are "special releases" of ReplicatorG. Would you provide the URL to your github fork of git://github.com/makerbot/ReplicatorG.git in order to do development against the current version. Is it git://github.com/Ultimaker/ReplicatorG ? Or have the significant changes already been incorporated into the ReplicatorG git?
  6. Further info... It seems that the object I'm trying to make might be the cause. It has a large number of short strokes at the beginning of the profile and this might be causing the hiccup.
  7. Hi, I'm consistently getting spots worn away on the filament where the bolt grinds the material away, and extrusion mostly stops. I have tried a few things http://derrickoswald.blogspot.com/2011/11/extruder-experimentation.html, like refastening the Bowden tube, and removing slack etc. but I have a new theory, based on how good it works after the print gets going. I think that when the print starts, the temperature control of the head stops, for the length of time start.txt takes or so, and then control resumes after that. So maybe it's my workflow that's at fault. Here's what I do. Sta
×
×
  • Create New...