Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Yes! :-) Trying to resume a print in such a way just saved me hours. Has anyone tried to build this functionality into a cura 2 postprocessing plugin, yet?
  2. Hi everyone, there are already a bunch of very helpful infos in this thread! Thank you all! First of all, I was able to finish the print in the 3rd attempt. I therefore had reenabled combing (to reduce the amount of retraction). To see what difference the infill rate makes I also lowered that value to 20% again. I lowered the printbed temp to 50° after printing the first layer. To me it seems that having the bed at 60-65° and printing very slowly (50%) for the first layer results in good adhesion, so thats why I started a little bit higher. Finished. And right after that, I printed the to
  3. ...but right now the permanent retraction has killed the print again. Arghl. Filament stuck due to heavy grinding.
  4. Hi, yes you are right - there is a huge difference, but the height of the planes differ as well. It seems to get worse the higher it is (which led to my first over-extrusion assumption). Look at the photo below. Its the same model (around the same printing stage, still in progress) - but the version above is printed with 203° instead of 210° and a flow setting of 98% instead of 100%. However, I also changed two parameters in cura: I reduced the infill to 30% (instead of 40%) and disabled combing to get rid of the crossing strings through the infill. I keep on watching, but maybe the last
  5. Thank you! These are good aspects. 1) I just measured the filament. Seems to be around 2.9mm rather than the specified 2.85mm - so that might be the reason for the over-extrusion. In the current print, I therefore reduced the flow to 98% in the tune menu. If I understand correctly this should compensate the over-extrusion? (Before the next print I will then try to adapt the filament size property. At the moment I don't understand how flow/diameter/... interact - are these all parameters for the same property?) 2) I did not lower the temperature before - so probably the transferred amount of
  6. Nope... :( The top layers of this plane are completly messed up (image above: after ~3layers, image below: after ~6layers). I think it is the nozzle touching the surface. A lower plane on the same object (~1,5mm from the ground) got printed without that effect. This one sits 0.9mm higher.... What could this be? I am printing with 40% infill, 0.1mm layer height, 0.8mm shell thickness, 0.8mm bottom/top thickness at a speed of 30mm/s...
  7. Hi, thanks for your advice. I will give it a try today and then let you know. (My nozzle temperature is currently set to 210°, previously 220° - I will have to experiment with lower values. Shortly I had some problems with a clicking/slipping feeder stepper and had the feeling that slightly raising the temp and current helped to avoid that problem. But it could have been the way the filament was rolled up as well.)
  8. Thank you for your resonses. The objects I was printing were of a simple block-ish structure - no overhangs and no visible up-bending of whole parts like in the video. Also the fans were already running on 100% when printing the top layers :-|... The reason it looks pillowed is due to the nozzle crashing in the topmost layer of the infill when trying to overspan the holes. As a result there are no continuous strings but a hairy edge is created. And yes: After some layers this border curls up (see the following picture for a closeup). What looks like a deformed bottom is only the rest of t
  9. Hi everyone, I've got a problem with my quite new UM2 - perhaps someone can push me in the right direction, because at the moment I have no clue where to start searching. After successfully printing some small tests, I went for some bigger parts: All printed with a high resolution (layer height: 0.06mm) at a quite low speed (50 mm/s; 70mm/s for the infill; 10mm/s for the bottom layer). The start looks fine, however, when the print reaches a height around 5-10 mm the nozzle starts to hit the surface. The first time I didn't really realized that fact, because the overall height of the object
  • Create New...