Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

LindsayPatten

Member
  • Content Count

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Since no one has offered a way to avoid this, should I file this as a bug?
  2. When the base of a tree support is on the build plate it doesn't have any fill. When the base is on the model it gets filled, and gets printed directly onto the model with no gap, and this fill is several layers thick. The muli-layer thick fill on the model makes it impossible to remove from the model whereas the lack of fill on the build plate means it will most likely detach from the plate during printing unless you use a brim or raft. Is this a bug or is there some setting that will prevent the fill on the model and/or add it on the build plate?
  3. Here's another example with a bigger discontinuous change in diameter.
  4. Thanks for your response. I can try your suggestions but I'm not sure they will solve my problem which is rooted in oozing. Currently, a lot of filament oozes before the print starts which means that the first bit of the print is short on filament. Worse, during the initial period before it gets to full extrusion it is extruding a bit, but often not enough to properly adhere,resulting in strings of filament dragging behind the extruder. Extruding somewhere away from the model would help but there would still be oozing during the move to the start point, which is exasperated by the large size
  5. Under settings visibility the "Enable prime blob" setting has an i beside it that says "this setting is hidden by the active machine and will not be visible." I think this setting is exactly what I need and I wonder why it is hidden for my machines (Anycubic Chiron, Anycubic i3 Mega S) and if it is possible to enable/unhide it? And if so, how? Right now at the start of every print I manually push in the filament a bit while it is retracted and moving to the start position. Depending on how far I manually push it in the unretract at the start point creates a blob at the start of
  6. There appears to be a bug in the tree supports code. I run into the problem regularly but it seems somewhat random - sometimes reslicing even with the same settings fixes the problem. The problem is that the diameter of the support sometimes changes between two layers, usually an increase I think. In the example below the increase is small but large enough to cause the print to fail. Usually I notice these and they are fixed if I slice again with some small change in settings. In this case I changed a setting and then changed it back and the new slicing didn't have the problem. In this ca
  7. The bands on the model align with the bands on the supports, and the banding on left leg starts at the level where the support branch separates from the central branch on that side. Furthermore, the print quality on the right leg deteriorates drastically at the point where the support branch on that side separates from the central support branch. Any thoughts on what the problem may be and/or how I might solve it? I'm starting a print with the standard supports to see how that differs.
  8. It appears that the problem isn't related to the software version but rather perhaps to tree supports. I started a print that was generated with 4.2.1 and had the banding show up. I'll post further in a new thread.
  9. I printed out 20cm versions with 4.3 (on the left) and 4.2.1 (on the right) with exactly the same settings, scaling and position. The banding is still only there in 4.3. Unfortunately the model and the gcode are far from small. I've got a simple cone printing now to see if the banding will occur.
  10. In my experience the filename will get reset when you do New Project under the File menu but not if you just delete an object and load a new one. But I haven't had the filename persist after quitting cura and restarting it. So until someone gives a better answer try using New Project before loading a new file and see if that works for you.
  11. I've got a model which I have scaled in Cura, on the scaling panel it says y=57.6268 but in the lower left corner of the main panel, below the filename, it has y=62.6 under Cura 4.3, the same model scaled to the same values in the scaling panel has y=59.9 in the lower left. Is there a reason x and z would match with the scaling panel while y doesn't match? And why would y be different between the two version of Cura? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment you can offer! Edit: Never mind, it was due to a support blocker block that extended y, and since I added those manually the
  12. I'll try to find a simple model that exhibits this issue, it will likely take some time because it takes a long time to print and the issue, at least on the couple models I've been working with, doesn't manifest until well into the print. In this statue, the square base alone takes 5 hours to print. I'm currently printing a smaller version of this model that takes less than a day to print. Although there are issues with the 4.2.1 print on the left, the difference with the banding in the 4.3 print on the right is clear. That said, I can't swear that every setting is identical.
  13. Since I installed Cura 4.3 my prints have been getting horizontal patterns on them, see the attached photo. Note that the pattern only becomes noticeable/severe some ways into the print, in the photo it doesn't start getting noticeable until a little above the knees, and then become more severe at the top of the thighs, which makes for a very prolonged testing process. Essentially the layers are being offset in X and Y by small amounts for some number of layers and then changing again. Where the strip protrudes on one side of the model it is an indentation on the opposite side. The stripes
×
×
  • Create New...