what's wrong with iMac 27 i7 when using cura, netfabb or slic3r.

arlee

Posted · what's wrong with iMac 27 i7 when using cura, netfabb or slic3r.

Everytime I use Cura, Netfabb or Slic3d, after a while my screen freezes and I need to restart my iMac. The programs don't need to slice much. On my Macbook there are no problems. except that Cura 12.12 and 13.1 can not be installed. But 12.11 still works great.

Any idea?

ari de kok

Posted · what's wrong with iMac 27 i7 when using cura, netfabb or slic3r.

Sounds like an issue with your iMac and not the software itself. As all 3 software packages are vastly different.

As for the 12.12/13.01 Mac problems. The 13.03 release that will be released next Teusday has a number of fixes for problems on different Mac installations, so most likely it will work again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 Stable released 🎉
        In the Cura 5.8 stable release, everyone can now tune their Z seams to look better than ever. Method series users get access to new material profiles, and the base Method model now has a printer profile, meaning the whole Method series is now supported in Cura!
        • 5 replies
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies