Jump to content

mechamecha

Member
  • Content Count

    92
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

mechamecha last won the day on August 15

mechamecha had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

63 Excellent

About mechamecha

  • Birthday 09/27/1965

Personal Information

  • Field of Work
    Education
    (Product) design
    R&D / Exploration
  • Country
    US
  • 3D printer
    Ultimaker 2
  • On The Web

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Had to revert to version 4.1 to get supports to work more reliably.
  2. I've found supports to be very unreliable in 4.2.1. I've had numerous problems with supports missing bottom layers so they don't adhere to the build plate and also being generated for no apparent reason. Really frustrating and unfortunate that Ultimaker would release such a buggy mess.
  3. It would be fantastic if Cura had a feature where you could draw a line on the side of the model where you'd like the z-seam to be located and Cura would slice it accordingly. If that's not possible, it would also be convenient if you could simply click on the build plate in Cura to define the X and Y coordinates for z-seam placement instead of having to figure it out manually.
  4. Recently bought a UM3 to go with the UM2 that I've had for a number of years. Still playing around with Cura settings to get the best prints when using dual extruders. What hasn't helped is I've noticed that Cura doesn't seem to "copy all changed values to all extruders" when using that right-click option, so I've had to go through each setting and use "copy value to all extruders" instead which is a real pain. I'm using Cura 4.0.0. Hopefully this will be fixed soon?
  5. Hi, @Nicolinux and @scorum. It was such a long time ago that I'm not positive which robot I printed, but I'm pretty sure it was this one: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/ultimaker-robot--2
  6. Thank you, @SuperbCookie! I'll definitely give that a shot!
  7. The bottom of the heads don't look as nice as the top, but I did add a fillet where the neck meets the bottom of the head to make it a slightly less problematic printing transition. Also, Cura's supports did a very nice job. Most of the filaments I have are Fillamentum/FilamentOne. They've printed consistently great for me. The Polyalchemy stuff is very unique with an extremely shiny, almost metallic appearance.
  8. For the trophy, I used Polyalchemy Elixir Merlot and Onyx (for the base). It's actually three parts: the base, the main cylindrical section, and the top cup section. The top cup section was printed upside-down and glued on. For the mini-figures, all parts are printed with Fillamentum filaments except for the magenta, which is Innofil.
  9. Haha! Yes, they're prints! They're about 4.5 inches/114 mm tall.
  10. I teach a 3D modeling/printing class to middle-schoolers. Final project was creating these in Onshape. Each of the three figures was done by a different student. Finished printing yesterday on an Ultimaker 2 using 0.2mm layers.
  11. Student-modeled mini-figures (created in Onshape)
  12. I'm currently trying Slic3r's variable layers to see if it does a better job for me. It's not automated, but so far I like the way it allows you to "paint" on where you want the thinnest and thickest layers to be instead of forcing you to have variable layers for every single detail in your print.
  13. Exactly right, that's why it would be really nice if they're able to fix this bug very soon.
  14. I get the impression that you're not quite understanding what I'm asking for here, but OK.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!