3D Print posted by vincentbaas
This was my biggest model so far and I'm quite satisfied with the result after lots of sanding, priming, and painting. As the model is made for the UM2 Extened, I had to split the wings and fuselage using Mesmixer. I printed the parts with 0.15mm layers in various PLA types (ran out of UM PLA after the body )
One of the body parts came out weird, and next time I would look into making alignment pins of some sort. Gluing with CA superglue worked fine, only aligning some parts was tricky. I underestimated the finesse that goes into neatly painting a model of this size, but in the end I got the paint to both fill some tricky parts as well as nicely cover the entire model. The model itself is great, only assembly took some filing, especially for the engines and wing pin.
Body: Ultimaker PLA Silver Metallic
Wings + engines: ColorFabb PLA/PHA White
Stand + turbine: ColorFabb PLA/PHA Black
'Regular' CA superglue
Tamya Grey Model primer
White acryllic paint
Clear acryllic coat
Sanding paper 120/180/200/400 grit
I was looking for some nice test prints after getting my UMO+ up and running again, so I decided to m make the best of it and make my test prints into a nice chess set over time.
Printed so far:
Pawn 1: 0.20 layers, 200 degrees, 20 mm/s, 0.40 walls, 30% fill >> Overall a fine print, but an ugly overhang at the top edge
Pawn 1: 0.20 layers, 190 degrees, 20 mm/s, 0.40 walls, 20% fill >> Tried fixing the overhang by going colder, worked ok,-ish
Knight 1: 0.20 layers, 185 degrees, 20 mm/s, 0.60 walls, 15% fill >> Maybe too cold, overhang fine, but noticable lines on the surface
First real print on my new UMO+. Very satisfied with the result, only some small support residue below the chin.