Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

PyramidHead76

Member
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Hi. Well, what I thought had fixed it hadn't, it failed again 75% through the next print. Then I switched to a brand new roll of filament and that worked 100% fine. I unrolled the problematic filament, wrapped it losely around a chair to try to reduce tension in it - And over the next 24h literally every winding just snapped under its own tension. I guess as geert_2 said, when that tension is all in the bowden tube & extruder it's just too much for the printer. Really all of these things we've changed are interdependent and help a little bit, but there are many comb
  2. Thanks for your detailed suggestions. I think this was the key one, or at least started me on a chain of cooling-related things & it seems to be working again now. Although the fan *was* working, both it and the heatsink were pretty dirty. I took it all apart, cleaned it up with IPA (when cold, obviously), and while I was at it, added some fresh thermal paste around the isolator, and the equivalent aluminium piece connected to the top of the PTFE piece on a 2+. Before doing that, I noticed that your slow pull technique, and an earlier 'atomic' pull resulted in a alm
  3. Hi all, I have an UM2+ (upgraded from UM2 by previous owner) in addition to 4 other 3D printers, and the Ultimaker is easily the machine that I've used the most. As per the machine stats, 3KM of filament has passed through it. But, I've started having extrusion problems in the last month on files which worked before. The machine just stops extruding, except at very slow print rates. As you can see, the machine hasn't had an easy life and it's probably time to replace some components. That's fine. I've worked through https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/11704-extrusion-pro
×
×
  • Create New...