Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
kyma5

First print, problem z-movement?

After weeks of hardware problems I started yesterday with the first prints.

I've studied a few of threads with this issue. But I found no solution for my problem.

I use:

cura 12.08

normal quality print

PLA 230C

speed 100%

Windows 7

here is my ugly 20mm cube, and then Itryied to print belt tensioner, also ugly and in the z-axis to big.

some ideas? Thanks

Thomas

Is the 20mm cube about 40mm in height? That could mean you have a problem with the micro-stepping.

You should check the little jumpers on the Ultimaker electronics. These guys:

Jumpers.png

Check them with this photo:

El1.5.4-PCB.jpg

The Z should have 2 connected and 1 open jumper.

Hi Daid,

that's the reason why the community is so glad, that you've decided to go to UM.

The picture shows, that your diagnosis was right: one of the both pins was bent to the middle, so that the jumper was loose and brought a defective contact. So the cube wasn't 40mm high, but only a little bit to high.

Now it prints much better and i can print the belt tensioner.

Thanks a lot.

Thomas