ATmega16U firmware

thomas-northway

Posted · ATmega16U firmware

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone in this community might be able to help with this question. I'm in the process of building a 3D printer based on the design of my Ultimaker Original. I have the hardware completed and I have finished the PCB layout. This circuit is just a mildly modified version of the UM white PCB. There are 2 microcontrollers the ATmega 2560 and ATmega 16U. The 2560 is the main controller which uses the marlin code but I'm assuming the 16U is just acting as USB interface. If this is true there must be some firmware for this device but I don't see any mention of it online anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.8 beta released
        Another Cura release has arrived and in this 5.8 beta release, the focus is on improving Z seams, as well as completing support for the full Method series of printers by introducing a profile for the UltiMaker Method.
        • 1 reply
      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies