Help with Cura on OSX 10.7.4 - slicing errors

inx

Posted · Help with Cura on OSX 10.7.4 - slicing errors

Hello.

I have problems slicing a model in cura 12.08 using Mac osx 10.7.4.

when i try to "Slice to GCode" i get an error saying:

"Something went wrong during slicing!", the log reveals:

-------------------------

File /Applications/ReplicatorG/examples/hexagon.stl is being chain exported.

Exception traceback in getModuleWithDirectoryPath in archive:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/archive.py", line 244, in getModuleWithDirectoryPath

folderPluginsModule = __import__(fileName)

File "/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_plugins/craft_plugins/carve.py", line 107, in

from fabmetheus_utilities import svg_writer

File "/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/svg_writer.py", line 14, in

from fabmetheus_utilities.xml_simple_reader import DocumentNode

File "/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/xml_simple_reader.py", line 35, in

from fabmetheus_utilities.geometry.geometry_utilities import evaluate

File "/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/geometry/geometry_utilities/evaluate.py", line 10, in

from fabmetheus_utilities.geometry.geometry_utilities.evaluate_elements import setting

ImportError: No module named fabmetheus_utilities.geometry.geometry_utilities.evaluate_elements

That error means; could not import a module with the fileName carve

and an absolute directory name of /Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/skeinforge_application/skeinforge_plugins/craft_plugins

-------------------------

i tried various python 2.7.3 versions: the osx-shipped python 2.7.3, macports python 2.7.3 and the one manually installed one...

with all versions i get the same error.

what is wrong?

tanks for any help.

inx

Can you check if you have the directory:

/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/geometry/geometry_utilities/evaluate_elements

It tries to find the files in there, and it cannot, that's why it is giving that error.

Yes.

The file evaluate.py and evaluate_elements folder exists under these pathes:

/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/geometry/geometry_utilities/evaluate.py

/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/geometry/geometry_utilities/evaluate_elements

Content of evaluate_elements is:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 0 Jul 6 14:34 __init__.py_

-rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 2110 Apr 3 2012 creation.py_

-rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 3132 Apr 3 2012 document.py_

-rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 6751 Apr 3 2012 setting.py_

___

inx

There shoudn't be underscores after those filenames... any idea how those got there? They are without underscores in the package. (Should be .py not .py_)

i was wondering about these underscores... but left them on.

just unpacked the package osx64-Cura-12.08.tar.gz again using "The unarchiver version 3.3", browsing to the same folder shows me the files with underscores...

unpacked them via command-line and the underlines are not there...

so "The Unarchiver" did manipulate the files?!

Tried again unzipping the tar.gz in the command-line first, and then using "The unarchiver" with the left over .tar file.

This did work.

weird.

Using the freshly unpacked archive without underscores worked.

Thanks!!

You're welcome. I recommend you report this bug to the creators of Unarchiver. Seems like a nasty one.

appended Underscores in "The Unarchiver" are a known problem in Version 3.3

http://code.google.com/p/theunarchiver/ ... %20Summary

should be fixed in the next update of that app.