Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
fuchs

(Silly?) Ideas: "Direct Print" and "Printer Driver"

I noticed, that sometimes in Cura, after using "Slice to GCode", i push the "Print GCode" Button, look at the new window coming up, see that the connection to the machine is good - and then i FORGET to press the second "Print GCode" Button (DUH!!!).

I usually realize that about 3-10 minutes later, as i don't suspect anything of my mistake, as the machine needs some time to heat up. It's like with the Coffeemaker in the morning *g*

So, one idea is maybe a shortcut for "Print directly" (meaning Connect and start sending GCode). Maybe with CTRL-P under Windows? :mrgreen:

Also CTRL-L for "load Model" would be a nice add-on.

Second (silly) Idea is: A Printer driver as a device driver under Windows? I know, currently that makes no sense, but in the future one will want to "directly print" from an application, akin to "i print that document / website / graphic" by just pressing CTRL-P in any application, select Printer or FAX or Mail and it "prints" it (whatever that exactly means).

Maybe i should get a patent for that... :twisted: