Moving Ultimaker and slippage FIXED/SOLVED

fuchs

Posted · Moving Ultimaker and slippage FIXED/SOLVED

I recently moved the Ultimaker into another room for some long printjobs (for noise reduction).

After moving it back to the usual place, i tried to print some normal sized objects from SD Card - and they failed after the first layer with heavy slippage in X _and_ Y direction :shock:

Tried again, same slippage at the exact same location. Tried CURA instead of SD Card (and sliced it anew) - slippage.

Tried another object in CURA, sliced with lower speed (75 instead of 100mm/sec) - slippage.

Checked the belts (long and short) - all ok, making a bit of a "twang" sound.

Checked the rods - all clean, moving without problems, had a drop of oil a few days ago - nice and shiny.

But then I found the solution - the moving seems to have loosened the screws on the motor-mounts a little tiny bit - just enough that at the moment, both motors kicked from "first layer speed" to "print high speed" the motors did give in a little and slipped.

Re-tightened the motor mounts (which i didn't have done, as the short belts felt tight enough).

I also noticed, that I could re-tighten all the enclosure screws a little tiny bit.

So: Don't forget to occasionally check the motor mounts, even when the belts are tight - especially when moving the machine!