Upgrade naar Marlin lukt niet

gertjan

Posted · Upgrade naar Marlin lukt niet

Hallo,

Ik wil de originele 5D-firmware upgraden naar de laatste Marlin-frimware en heb de volgende de Wiki-procedure stap voor stap gevolgd:

http://wiki.ultimaker.com/How_to_upload ... otherboard

Nadat ik de juiste com-poort heb gekozen en op de "Upload" knop wil drukken, wordt de verbinding met de Ultimaker verbroken. Het drukken op de Upload-knop geeft vervolgens een foutmelding (geen verbinding). Hoe kan ik dit oplossen?

Groet, Gertjan

Het forum is eigenlijk engels, maar ik antwoord wel even in het nederlands.

Welke variatie gebruik je? Er staan nogal wat mogelijkheden om de firmware te updaten. Het beste is de laatste optie: "Variant: Compile and Upload a Firmware from Source" dan heb je de laatste versie van Erik:

https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin

En die is erg goed. Verder is updaten vanuit RepG niet heel stabiel naar mijn ervaring. De wiki wijst niet naar de versie van Erik, hoe goed de bkubicek versie is weet ik niet precies.

De laatste Marlin versies van Erik hebben wel wat features waar je rekening mee moet houden:

• [*:1o56obfz]Baudrate is 250000. Deze mogelijkheid zit niet standaard in RepG, maar ik raad dan ook PrintRun aan. Die bied een simpelere interface.
      [*:1o56obfz]"Software end stops" dit heeft invloed op de standaard manier waarop Skeinforge GCode maakt. Hiervoor moet je je start.gcode aanpassen en de "multiply" opties gebruiken (in multiply kun je het midden van je machine instellen op 100,100 in plaats van 0,0)

Ook van belang is het model Ultimaker (lees: electronica) je hebt.

Heb je toevallig een UM uit de 1e of 2e workshop ?

Wat is het model van je electronica ?

Berend

Daid and Berend, thanks for your replies!

The Ultimaker has been delivered dec 2011 and has the PCB 1.5.4. Does that influence the replies?

I tried the RepG firmware Upgrade variant (easier for me). The compile and upload variant seems difficult for a starter, but I can try.

At the Google forum, someone advised me to use Marlin v2 (that should work via RepG).

http://groups.google.com/group/ultimake ... 5afeae5354

Is this more fool-proof than the ErikZalm-version?

I use the software combination Netfabb - RepG (v26). Can Netfabb handle the "Software end stops" (multiply) automatically? If not, which are the exact gcodes at the start?

Gertjan

I'm not sure which version is the "Marlin V2" but it's most likely a bit older and doesn't have the software end stops. Which can save you a lot of trouble.

The software end stops causes the machine not to go below X/Y0 and not above X/Y205. Which means the GCode has to give commands between X0 and X205. But skeinforge by default (I don't know Netfabb so you'll have to check) generates GCode with 0,0 as center. Which means the new Marlin things 75% of your model is outside of the machine and refuses to print it.

The update to the start.gcode is simply changing the G92. My start GCode:

M92 E926.5 (the number of extruder steps to take in 1mm of filament)G21        (metric values)G21G21        (all the extra G21 commands are comments - skeinforge eats lines without a gcode)G21G90        (absolute positioning)G21G28 X0 Y0       (move X/Y to min endstops)G28 Z0      (move Z to min endstops)G21G21        ( if your prints start too high, try changing the Z0.0 below )G21        ( to Z1.0 - the number after the Z is the actual, physical )G21        ( height of the nozzle in mm. This can take some messing around )G21        ( with to get just right... )G21G92 X0 Y0 Z0 E0 (reset software position to front/left/z=0.0)G21G1 Z15.0 F400  (move the platform down 15mm)G1 X0 Y0 F3500 (go to the middle of the platform)G92 E0         (zero the extruded length)G21G1 F75 E3     (extrude 15mm of feed stock)G1 F75 E1.5   (reverse feed stock by 1.5mm)G92 E0         (zero the extruded length again)G21M1             (Clean the nozzle then press YES to continue...)G21

This also changes that the begin extrusion is done at the corner, which I like more then in the center of the machine.

the third line of code XY function doesn't understand.