Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
caleb

UMO+ Full Graphical Display

I was recently looking around and found this (cheaper Chinese version of the original reprapdiscount) Full Graphical Display Controller. I was just wondering if anyone has used / is using this controller. From what I understand, the only firmware mod necessary would be to change line 523 which is  

// #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

to

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

Would this be right? Also, would there be a way to change the startup photo to an Ultimaker logo? (I've seen photos but no source code for the image)

Thanks

C

Edited by Guest

You will also need to install new library to your computer to handle these extra characters.

My experience wasn't so good with this full graphical display, first of all, it doesn't give more information than i expected, or in other words it's not as usual as i thought it will be. But the problem i was encountering that this display was taking much more juice from my arduino than i thought and print quality was much worse.. for e.g. if i would press my encoder during print, print would even pause for 0.5s or so until menu opens... But i heard that other people had much better success than i do.