Cura doesn´t show first layers (1 to n) and/or complete model of a gcode file

Beierxxx

Posted · Cura doesn´t show first layers (1 to n) and/or complete model of a gcode file

I observed with Cura 15.04.4 when loading a gcode file (the sample file was about 25 MB) that several layers (1 to n) are not shown in "Layer View" mode. When moving the layer slider to (n+1) the layer (n+1) is shown, "hovering" above the buildplate in its true vertical position. Depending on the file, the first 30 to 120 layers are not shown.

In parallel, in normal view mode, I cannot see the complete model (means, nothing is to be seen).

Can anyone help, please, thanks!

Posted · Cura doesn´t show first layers (1 to n) and/or complete model of a gcode file

@Beierxxx, I tried loading a gcode file today for the first time :). It's the same here in 15.04.03.

I created an gcode file with cura, saved the gcode file and re-openede it. It's supressing the bottom shell (in my case 8 layers + skirt) in the view.

What's clear, it can not show you the model in normal mode / solid view, as there is no model loaded, what you see is "just" a graphical representation of the gcode path.

Question, why are you loading the gcode file and not the stl? As the gcode file can not be mofified / saved with cura AFAIK.