Completed Build

phanc60844

Posted · Completed Build

I've just finished building, I've downloaded and installed cura. I've connected the machine to my computer, the Cura then updated my firmware, then when I've gone to the machine checks it says failed on communications 'failed to establish connection with the printer , communication state 0, extruder switched.....'

any ideas?

Paul UK England

Posted · Completed Build

Most likely something is wrong with your temperature sensor connection. Check if the red/yellow wires are properly connected on top of the printer head (and not swapped around) and if the 3 cable connector is firmly inserted.

Also, is the blue light on top of the extruder head on?

(The full message is "Extruder switched off. MAXTEMP triggered !", which means it's reading more then 270C or less then 5C on the temperature sensor)

Posted · Completed Build

spot on, the yellow thermocouple wasn't in properly! thanks

just another question, on the circuit board, the black spacers dont seem to be long enough as the board flexes as the back touches the base of the machine when tightening the screws and the top spacers for the fan unit also seem short?

Paul

UK England

Posted · Completed Build

Spacers for the fan unit? Got photos?

And the electronics are normally held in place with white spaces with a length of 16mm. If you have black 11mm spacers, those could be placed on the X/Y motors instead of the wood. But the instructions are not updated for this change. (it reduces noise)

Posted · Completed Build

I used the black (as per the assembly photo) for the base board to circuit board and white for the cicuit board to fan. The circuit board seems to be too close to the base by about 3mm and the fan assembly fouls the circuit board by the same amount.

paul

UK England

Posted · Completed Build

Both are white on all the machines I can see right now. I wouldn't go by color buy by length.

But the fan doesn't require spacers...

Posted · Completed Build

By fan I meant the fan assembly, that is spaced off with the white spacers and it touches the board before the screws tighten.

Paul

UK England

Posted · Completed Build

Like I said. You used the short spacers, there should be longer spacers in your kit. Most likely white (the photos are wrong, the description says you should use white spacers)