Replacement different type mb UM2

Posted · Replacement different type mb UM2

Hi guys,

I want to ask around replacement original mainboard UM2? It's possible replace behind this board - MKS-BASE V1.0,

link: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Maker-Based-MKS-BASE-V1-0-3D-Printer-Control-Motherboard-Compatible-With-RepRap-Ramps1-4/32472493028.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.62.DvEwKL&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_4_10017_10005_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_10020_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=ffa94eee-f010-462a-8279-b4ed9eb155c0

I need find solution for wireless connectivity because UM2 mainboard is not supported wifi module.

Thanks guys

Posted (edited) · Replacement different type mb UM2

Hi,

and welcome on the forums.

I'd advise against another board that's not made for the Ultimaker 2. At least not if you "only" need wireless printing.

Take a look at OctoPrint. It runs on a Raspberry Pi and has a very nice web interface where you can drop .gcode files for printing.

Edited by Guest

This is exactly the problem, I have the octoprint but a have problems with USB comunnications betwen manboard and rpi :-(

purely and simply i want make adjusments or replace motherboard with supported wifi. if that is possible?

Thanks

I don't think you can replace the board - at least not with lots of hacking.

I think you are better off if you fix OctoPrint <-> Rpi somehow. It could be just something stupid like a broken USB cable or a bad sd card that acts up just when the printer is connected.

What happens exactly? It might be a good idea to ask on OctoPrint Google+ or directly on Github. There are lots of people using OctoPrint on a RPI with the UM2, so it should work.

Also find out what kind of Raspberry Pi you use. I had lots of problems with the China clone...

And make sure that you use a power supply that has enough power to drive the Rpi.

how hacking you mean please? Of course at the earliest I start debugging about USB connection and configure opi (power supply and etc)

What happens exactly? - Printing stops in the middle of print job but often after print job it is impossible a new assign print job in the octoprint... :-( Exactly not working preheat bed and after I can see error message that Z switch is broken...

I think that is problem mainboard and USB connective. Z stopper is normal without defect.

I read in the forum that - print-over-USB for the Ultimaker 2 is currently not "officially supported" by Ultimaker...

With hacking I mean that it is not officially supported to swap the board with something else on the UM2. I don't know what you'd need to do. I guess there is lots of Marlin firmware hacking involved.